Chapter 9

This chapter is really short, but it is important.

When Liam returns, he sees a solemn Fallon still stuck on the same question when he left.

Liam:

Fallon. Are you okay?

He could see the tears forming in her eyes.

Fallon wipes her face to try to hide the tears.

Fallon:

Yeah, I'm fine.

Liam:

No, you're not. What is it?

Liam walks over, picks up the piece of paper, and reads the question.

The question asks, "Do you need to speak with a psychiatrist?"

Liam's heart broke. He knew how strong Fallon tries to be and how she doesn't like showing any signs of weakness.

Liam:

Fallon.

Fallon:

Hm.

Liam:

You know it's okay if you check yes. Everyone will understand.

She nods, but when Liam hands her back the paper, she checks off no.

A rush of disappointment explodes in him, catching him by surprise. He knew that she probably needed to see one after how much trauma she had been through the last couple of days, but if Fallon said she didn't need one, he would support her even if it went against his better judgment.

Adam walks in shortly after Fallon finishes the discharge papers.

Adam:

Okay, I need to submit these, and you'll be free to go.

After what felt like hours, Fallon finally got the okay that she was cleared to leave the hospital.

Liam wanted to take her straight home, but Fallon insisted that he take her to the office to work since she was already really far behind. Liam didn't argue back, knowing that he would ultimately lose the battle.