Chapter 6

After a few minutes, Adam comes back out and walks straight up to Liam.

Adam:

Fallon wants to see you.

Liam's face lights up at the fact that after over three hours, Fallon finally wants to see him.

As soon as he walks through the door, he sees a distraught Fallon lying in the hospital bed, her cheeks stained with tears.

Liam:

Fallon, you wanted to see me.

Fallon looks at him, tears forming in her eyes. Liam is heartbroken seeing her like this and bends down to kneel in front of her hospital bed so that they are almost at eye level with each other.

Fallon: ( quietly, almost mouthing)

I'm sorry.

Liam:

For what?

Fallon:

For everything cheating on you, losing the baby. It's all my fault

Liam:(tears now forming in his eyes)

Your fault. If I had believed you sooner about Eva, none of this would have happened.

At this point, Fallon and Liam both have tears streaming down their faces.

After a couple of minutes of silence, the tears were gone.

Fallon: ( in a laughing and surprised tone)

I couldn't believe after everything; we were going to have a baby.

Liam:

Yeah. It's crazy.

Fallon looks into Liam's eyes.

Fallon:

You know you didn't even want kids.

Liam:

No, I said that we would see where life takes us.

Fallon:

No, you said that you never saw yourself having kids and that you didn't want kids.

Liam:

Do you always have to win?

Fallon:

Yes.

They both let out a little chuckle.

Liam:

What if I changed my mind?

Fallon:

About what?

Liam:

About kids, Fallon, what if I changed my mind.

Fallon:

Now is no one time to joke with me, Liam, plus even if you did, it is hardly the time for us to bring a child into the world. I mean, we have barely even spoken since the whole cheating thing, and even when we were making progress, I got shot by the psychopath Eva.

Liam:

Fallon, I'm not lying. After all of this, I have realized that I truly want kids and not even that, that I want kids with you.

Fallon matches Liam's gaze, her eyes soft, with her head tilted to one side.

Fallon:

Liam, we can't. At least for now, what I have learned through this whole Eva debacle is that we need to spend more time together before we add any more chaos into our lives.

Liam nods and kisses Fallon gently on the lips.