Chapter 14

Fallon and Liam are lying in the bed when Liam's phone buzzes.

Liam gets up and starts getting dressed quietly so he doesn't wake up Fallon.

Fallon:

What are you doing?

Liam:

Betty just texted meeting is done. I got to get going.

Liam gives Fallon one more kiss before heading out.

...

At Fallon Unlimited...

Liam drives up to the front of the building and waits for Betty to bring out the notes, but instead, both Betty and the board member come out.

Board Member:

You really thought we wouldn't fall for yous and Fallon's plan?

Liam:

No. How did you find out?

Board Member:

Betty was waiting in the lobby with a notebook for 30 minutes.

Liam nods.

Board Member:

Tell Fallon she has 48 hours to pick a temporary CEO or were doing it ourselves.

Liam nods

Liam:
Okay, I will pass the message to her.

...

Liam arrives back at the manor and walks through the door to see a pacing Fallon.

Fallon notices and says...

Fallon:

Liam before you tell me what happened I want to let you know that I have decided to temporarily step down as CEO of Fallon Unlimited. Jeff will be taking over, I already talked to him and he has agreed to take charge of my company until I am allowed to come back.

Liam is shocked he was not expecting Fallon to step down when she spent the last 24 hours coming up with this plan.

Liam:
Okay, well that makes things a lot easier.

Fallon:

The plan failed.

Liam nods

Liam:
Yeah.

Liam:
Why did you decide to step down?

Fallon:
I talked to Blake and he made me realize that we have a lot to work through and talk about and I should be focusing on our marriage rather than focusing on my company.

Liam:
Wait. Blake made you realize that?

Fallon: (Small laugh)
Yeah.

Liam:
Wow.

Fallon:
Anyway, I have an idea where we could start.

Liam:
You do?

Fallon:

Yes.

Fallon pulls Liam into a passionate kiss and well you know what that leads to...