𝟏𝟏

єℓєνєη

"You don't understand Rafe!"

Distant yelling expands as I approach the Cameron's home which I feared to even get involved in because of the increase of volume displayed through the waves of voices.

But arguments between Rafe and what I'm assuming his father who is now shouting in a manly but dull voice are always concerning... to me in that case since the members who share their home are almost as used to it.

The front door remains open allowing me to enter the house as echoes of disappointment travels across the house.

My footsteps lead me towards the kitchen where Ward and Rafe continue to argue.

As I stood behind the wall carefully listening, a young girl with black waves happened to join behind me.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know, and I don't want to know" Wheezie answers unconcerned as if she was used to problems occurring between the two.

"I don't want to hear another word until you've got your act together Rafe"

The glass doors slam in the kitchen as the sound of Ward's steps disappear into the backyard.

"Happens every time" Wheezie sighs with an unfortunate frown before leaving my side to climb the spiral stairs.

Just then I realise the possible outcomes of her father and brother's arguments and how it can affect Wheezie especially in her young period of time as a teenager.

Behind the bright smile was the torture of struggling to find sleep without worrying things would happen in her household.

As I turn around the corner I watch as Rafe shouts a curse before trailing his back down the wall in frustration.

Tears form in his eyes, falling down his blush cheeks before he wipes them away bothered of how unmanly he looked.

"Rafe..." I spoke up as my heart shatters to pieces seeing Rafe in this condition.

But watching him tear apart in this way caused my own tears to flood my eyes in sorrow.

His elbows rest on his knees as his fingers clutch together before bowing his head downwards to cry in silence and create an attempt to keep these cries hidden from me in slight embarrassment.

I sat right beside him back against the wall, keeping my eyes ahead hearing the hurtful sniffs in my ears.

"What's wrong?" I queried in a soft tone as I turn my head towards him, my legs spread forward and my fingers fiddle together.

It takes him a while to adjust and take hold of his silent sobs of frustration before he finally pulled himself together enough to let stiffle words untangle from his tongue.

"I- It's always my fault isn't it? I'm tired of... of trying to make an impression so my dad could finally show some acknowledgement" He answered stiffly as his thumbs dry his tears which flooded the inner corners of his eyes.

Growing up I never seemed to realize how less of affection Ward provided Rafe throughout our years together.

I've always wondered why Rafe was always the last priority as kids. Where he'd be the last to choose what donut he'd get to eat even though the last few were his least favorites, or whether he never got a chance to experience the view while sitting on his father's shoulders that I'm grateful I've had a chance of.

But all these flashbacks had me questioning if he got a chance to even enjoy his own childhood before he had many responsibilities all towered over him, slowly drifting his own mental health into the least importance of his father's priorities.

"I hate to see Ward getting the best of you and leaving what he should've cared for a long time ago, to dry out under his own disappointment"

My head rests onto his shoulders, stroking my hand against his biceps as they tense in anger then releasing due to the gentle touch of my skin, allowing them to fall to his sides and his legs spread forward along mine.

"Besides... the only reason you should have tears is because I look tremendously hot walking down the aisle"

A small upturn reaches his lips before growing into a wider smirk on Rafe's face giving up the stubborn mood as I realise I attempted to bring some joy into his eyes successfully as long as he wouldn't have one of those moments where he'd hold a grudge for at least 2 days minimum.

Drying his own tears, his muscles softened as he wraps his arms around my shoulders to comfort the bliss in my eyes against his heartwarming chest.

"Not if you're walking with a limp like this morning huh?" He deviously scoffed as his hands softly squeezed my inner cheeks to form a ridiculous pout on my face then placing pepper kisses.

My heart blooms seeing how happy Rafe can be, but little did I know the young girl with black waves got to see the inner feeling of his moment behind the thick walls.

author's note -

long time, no see...
i very much apologise for the inactivity, i have recently just grew out of writing stories and the obx fandom BUT that does not mean anything will change besides being inactive. but now that my Euphoria fandom is rebirthing again i might even think about creating euphoria fanfics, lemme know what you think...

missed you all, alice