▪︎ 18 ▪︎

It's been almost two and a half years since the Queen's Gambit sank and many lost their lives in the Pacific Ocean. Despite the authorities stopping searching, they restarted their investigation after finding out some new information. The police refuse to give more information about the investigation, but are urging anyone who may know anything to contact them - 

I turn off the TV. The picture of the Queen's Gambit they showed still burns in my mind. Memories float back and I don't want to remember that day. That day was supposed to be a happy day until Beca... A tear slips out of my eyes. God, I miss her so much. Every minute, hour, day, month, and year that has passed without knowing if Beca is still alive kills me. 

Many people assume that she drowned and that's the logical explanation, but I'm not giving up that easily. I've learned by seeing other investigations that nobody is dead until their body is found, so I'm praying that the authorities will find Beca. I don't care if that is dead or alive, as long as it's her body. 

I pick up my phone, ignore the missed call from Emily and click on our Whatsapp messages. I scroll down and re-read the last ones I got from Beca, just before we were on our way to the ship.

 I scroll down and re-read the last ones I got from Beca, just before we were on our way to the ship

,,Chloe?" Emily says as she walks into the apartment

,,Chloe?" Emily says as she walks into the apartment. I take my eyes from my phone to look at Emily, who's holding the spare key into her hands. ,,Are you okay?" 

,,Yeah," I wipe my eyes. ,,Sorry, you have to see me like this." 

,,Hey, it's okay." Emily says, pulling me into a hug and sitting us down on the couch afterward. ,,To be honest, I haven't been doing much since the accident. Beca always told me to keep writing songs and I did, but I never wanted to sing them." 

,,Do you have written a lot of songs?" 

,,I have written twelve songs now, but I kinda feel like I only want to sing them for Beca, you know? She was the one who believed in me from the beginning." 

,,I know she did. I get why you don't really feel it and why we never sing together anymore." Emily nods because she knows that nobody wants to sing happily now that Beca is gone. I stare back at Beca's name on my phone. ,,Why haven't they found her yet, Em?" I say, my voice breaking again.