▪︎ 29 ▪︎

Today I have agreed to see Donovan again. It's been a while since he was with me and I would love to hang out with my new friend. First I need to get home, because I'm still at Emma's. It was so funny last night. Seeing my family having fun, getting drunk, doing games. Emma honestly told us with truth or dare, that she would love another baby, so maybe we can have a baby shower some point this year or the next. 

Nina and Zoey were pretty drunk, but they always turn out funny drunk. Like embarrassing drunk, arguing about nothing and being very clingy. We all decided to sleep downstairs in the living room, because neither of us wanted to get up the stairs. 

I groan a little, holding my forehead. I did got carried away a little, but I wasn't that drunk. At least not as drunk as the rest of the girls. Getting up, I carefully step over the bodies of my sleeping sisters, who are tangled into each other. On my toes I tiptoe over to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. 

,,Good morning, Chloe." I startle from Emma who's already awake, holding a glass water. ,,I think you need this as much as I do." She winks at me and hands me a glass of water with an Advil. We cheers as we both take in the Advil. ,,We sure had fun last night." My sister-in-law tells me. ,,Do you remember anything?" 

,,Pretty much because I wasn't as drunk as you were." We sit at the kitchen counter. ,,I'm just happy that our children weren't here last night because it would've been embarrassing." 

,,I totally agree, but at least we had fun." Emma bumps against my shoulder softly. ,,I can't remember you having this much fun in a while." I look down at my hands. 

,,I couldn't. Beca is gone and maybe never return. There is nothing to celebrate." 

,,Well, Ryan's birthday is about to come in a few days. I'm glad you're celebrating that this year. It's not that little guys fault what happened between you and Chicago." I look at Emma and smile. ,,I'm just wondering. Is Chicago going to be there too?" 

,,Yeah, he will be here for a week and then he needs to go back. It's hard because Ryan doesn't know Chicago. It's his father, but Ryan doesn't see him that way." 

,,Do you want Ryan to call him 'daddy'?" 

,,Of course. Chicago might be away most of the time, but he's still Ryan's father." Emma nods and then gets up. 

,,Let's make some breakfast. The others will need to extra food." She smiles, letting the subject rest for a bit. I'm happy about that, because now I can concentrate on the next appointment today and that's: Donovan.

When I return at my apartment, Donovan just arrives with his car. 

,,Chloe, hi." He says and smiles at me. 

,,Hi, I just got back from Emma's. Do you mind waiting for me in the living room?" Donovan shakes his head and follows me inside. He sits down on the couch while I walk upstairs to my bedroom. Closing the door, I immediately think about my rent and the loan Emma gave me. The four months are almost over and I can't work because of the fire. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to move but maybe there is no other way...

I get inside the bathroom so I can have a quick shower. I didn't got the chance at Emma's because Zoey was taking an eternity in her bathroom and I didn't want to be late for my appointment with Donovan. He's a nice guy and reminds me of Beca in some way. Both Beca and Donovan care about me, want to protect me and help me with everything. Maybe getting Donovan in my life isn't so bad. I mean, he is kind and doesn't push me like Tom or other guys did in the past. 

I hum 'Titanium', while I wash myself. The warmth of the water feels so nice on my body, that I decide to stand just a little longer. Donovan will wait because even tho he doesn't say it, I can see that he likes me more every day. I wish I could give him what he seeks, but my heart is for Beca, now and forever, even tho she's gone.