▪︎ 2 ▪︎

After Aubrey spend the night, she convinced me to go out with her and spend time with the Bella's, so I get Ryan and myself ready and packed my bag with enough things for the day. All kinds of stuff that I need for Ryan, like diapers and snacks. Ryan and I both hop into Aubrey's car and she drives away. 

,,Did you got some sleep last night?" She asks me, even tho she knows the answer.

,,No, I dreamed about her again." Aubrey looks at Ryan in the back mirror. Ryan is quietly drawing in his coloring book. 

,,Have you told Ryan about her?" I swallow and shake my head. ,,Why not?" 

,,Because I don't see the use in telling. Beca is never coming back to us, so why tell him about her? He will never meet her." 

,,Because she's his mother too." I look at Aubrey and she just shrugs her shoulder. ,,Oh come on, don't deny it. You always told me that if you would have kids someday, that Beca would be their second mom." 

,,I know but it's impossible now." 

,,It sounds like you give up."

,,How am I suppose to stay hopeful when every search turns out empty?" 

,,Because that's who you are. You are the most hopeful person that I know. You always believe in the good of things. That they can't find the boat doesn't mean Beca is dead." I know she's right but still. How can you stay hopeful when every hope seems lost? 

,,Mommy?" Ryan brings me out of my thoughts and I turn towards him. 

,,Yes, sweety?" 

,,Where we going?" 

,,I don't know, sweety." I look at Aubrey.

,,It's still a two hours drive." She tells us and I can see that Ryan is still a little tired.

,,Go to sleep, sweety. I'll wake you whenever we're there." 

,,Pinky promise?" Ryan sticks out his pink and I lock it with my pink. 

,,Pinky promise." He smiles and closes his eyes, after which he's asleep quickly just like always. I smile seeing my son sleeping peacefully and stare out of the window. I'm excited to see the girls again, but I'm sad that Beca won't be there. 

After a nearly three-hour drive, we pull up to Amy and Emily's apartment. I walk to the backseat, behind the passenger seat where Ryan sits in a child car seat, still asleep. 

,,Sweety?" I shake Ryan a little against his shoulder. He slowly opens his eyes, rubbing them with his hand. ,,Rise and shine, we're at our destiny." He yawns and looks behind me. 

,,Aunt Amy!" He yells when he sees her and tries to unbuckle his car seat, which he doesn't succeed in. I laugh and help him, after which I lift him out of the car. The moment his feet are on the ground, he runs up to Amy and jumps into her arms. It's heartwarming to see Ryan so close to Amy. Amy was Beca's best friend, along with Stacie. Only Amy doesn't blame me for cheating, unlike Stacie. I look over to Aubrey and Stacie who hug and kiss each other. Stacie doesn't even look at me as she walks inside. Aubrey gives me an apologetic look and I keep a good look on Ryan, who's now in Emily's arms. She had lifted him and is carrying him in her arms now, holding him carefully. We walk inside the apartment and I'm not waiting to speak.

,,So ladies, where are we going today?" I ask, still not knowing why we're meeting.

,,Well, we thought that maybe you guys wanted to come with us to the zoo." Amy tells me. ,,It's only fifteen minutes on the bus to get there." 

,,And Ryan will be having so much fun there. I don't remember you being in the zoo for a long time." Aubrey agrees with Amy and Emily. 

,,Yeah Chloe, you aren't going out with Ryan often."