Game on!

CHRIS'S POV

It's Friday morning, but for a change, I've actually woken up before Abby, which is good because I have a few things I need to do before she gets up. After yesterday, I want to cheer her up, so hopefully this all works out. It can also go on to be our date night too. I got out of bed, jumped in the shower, got dressed, made sure Abby was still sleeping, then headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. I got all the ingredients out and followed Abby's recipe to make the pancake batter, then poured the mix into the pan. I knew how to do the rest, but after having Abby's pancakes a few times, I asked her to write the recipe down just in case I wanted to make them at any point, so she did.

I heard the shower start while I was making the last few pancakes, so I knew she wouldn't be too much longer. I had plated everything up and gave Abby a side of yoghurt and strawberries, as well as a glass of half OJ and half cranberry juice, which was her new favourite thing to drink, so we were going through both of them really quickly now. "Good morning." I heard her sing as she walked into the room. "What smells so good?" She asked me. "I made you pancakes. Your recipe, of course. I also cut you up some strawberries and put some yoghurt in a bowl for you too." A kiss was the next thing I felt on my cheek, and for some reason, I started to feel my face getting warmer. I have never really felt that before. "Chris?" Abby said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked at her as she moved her head a little further over the breakfast bar. "Are you blushing?" She looked shocked at the fact that I was indeed blushing and my cheeks were getting warmer with her bringing it up. "You are. Aww, baby. Wait. You're not embarrassed because you're blushing, are you? Because if you are, I'll feel bad. It's just that the only time I've ever seen your face this red is when you're fucking me." I chuckled. It was true. The only other time my face ever felt like this was when I was deep inside her. Well, that or the gym, but I know which one I prefer. "Eat your breakfast, woman, before I rethink our plans for today!" I smirked at her as I placed the plate next to where she was sitting and walked around to the seat on her left.

I had told Abby to get ready for the day, which included night time as well, because we were going to be out the whole day. "That means I need to do my hair and makeup, Chris. What are you going to do while I'm doing that? Even though the outfit will take the longest to pick out." I began to walk away, but turned. "I will be planning a few more things for us to do. Now go get ready and try not to take too long picking an outfit. I want you to be comfortable, so maybe something you can wear sneakers with. I hope that helps narrow down your choices a little bit." She sighed defeatedly before getting up and going into the bedroom. Now the flowers will be here in fifteen minutes, which is good. At least if I sit in the office, I'm more likely to see the guy before he knocks or rings the bell.

The flowers had arrived, so I had sat them on my desk when I heard Abby shouting from our room. I walked quickly in to see her on the phone. That's when I remembered that the DA was calling us today to talk about inviting us in to talk about the hearing. "He wants to know if we will be available first thing Monday morning, so that'll be 9am?" She asked me I nodded, so she confirmed everything with him and then hung up. "He said this is just standard protocol. He told me there were a lot of people testifying next week, including the security guy that helped me in the store when she spotted me while I was talking to you." Another sigh passed her lips. I wanted to be able to make all of this go away, but I knew there wasn't any chance of that happening anytime soon unless Beth submitted a guilty plea, which would make this easier on all of us, especially Abby, but knowing this meant that she would not do it. "That's good though, right? The more people that testify, the better." She smiled at me, but she just looked blank-faced, unlike earlier in the kitchen. "I have something for you. Do you want it now or when you're ready?" I asked. I was hoping that I would get a smile from those pretty lips of hers, which I did. "Now, please." I took her hand and walked her into the office, stopping briefly to cover her eyes. "Open your eyes, pretty girl!" A loud gasp filled the silence in the room. "Chris, these are amazing! How did you arrange this so quickly?" I loved seeing how happy the simplest things made her. It made my heart feel a little better already. Every smile, every kiss, every touch from her makes me feel better when I'm sad, but right now the feeling I had was one I had never had before. I felt powerless. I couldn't help Abby the way I wanted to because it was out of my control now, but at least it was getting there.