Cake tasting, flirting and lunch.

It was the middle of April and our cake tasting was underway. I thought it was really early for a cake tasting, but because we hadn't met with the venue yet, we had better be safe than sorry. We had two different stores to go to. Tessa was all about choice and these two were her go-to places for weddings. First was LuluCakes Bakery, so when we arrived, we gave our name and were taken to a little seating area whilst the owner went and got the samples for us to try. I was excited even though I had given Tessa our favourite cake types, plus I had told her that they could add in a store favourite too, just in case we liked it. A sheet pan was placed in front of us with three cupcakes at the top, then seven different flavors of buttercream, four different fillings and last but not least, four cake samples. "We understand that when it comes to the cake, you both may want to think it over. Tessa said that once you have made a decision on the cake store and your cake choice, she will let us know. If there is anything you need, please let me or one of the staff know. Enjoy." She told us and bounced her way into the kitchen.

Once we had finished the first tasting and thanked everyone, we left and headed to the car

Once we had finished the first tasting and thanked everyone, we left and headed to the car. The next stop for us was Downtown Savannah, to Sugar Whisk Confections, for our second cake tasting of the day. "I feel a sugar rush coming on." Chris laughed as we got out of the car. We had half an hour before our appointment and were excited to see what we would be tasting here. "Let's go to the store, grab some sodas and water, then we can head back." I grabbed his hand and began swinging it as we walked down the quiet street together. The fact that the cake company was right on the doorstep of Chris's company building was amazing. He had parked in his spot as well, so it made people think he was in the building, even though he was going to go in and check up on things before we left for lunch. We walked up to City Market to grab what we needed and then headed back just in time to head in for our last tasting.

We were greeted by the head baker in the store as he told us that he recognised Chris's name and knew who he was, so in turn, he knew what he looked like. "Let's get you to the table, then I can get the samples out for you both to try." We were led into a little room that had a few tables and chairs, which I guess was for multiple tastings at the same time. "Here you both are. I'll be back in a moment with the cakes." This place was beautiful. My eyes were glued to the cake as soon as I saw the baker walk through the door. "OK, so here we have our chocolate & bourbon cake, our lemon & blueberry cake, and our caramel & chocolate cake. We were asked to make a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for you both as well." He told us, but right now I was more fixated on the cake, as they all looked delicious. "My name is Scott. If you need anything, just ask for me. Enjoy." He walked out of the room, leaving us to it. "Mmmm, they look so good I don't want to eat them, but at the same time I do." I pouted as I picked up the fork they gave each of us. "I'm starting with the chocolate & bourbon one because it seems so manly!" I rolled my eyes at his statement, but I started there too, only because I liked to annoy him by copying what he was doing.