Shit, where's my wallet?

ABBY'S POV

The next two weeks went by fairly quickly after Chris started back at work. He would go to work and Jo had asked me to help her with a charity gala that she was planning, so I would drive Chris to work, then meet Jo at my dad's and we would spend the whole day together doing things for the gala. "Today we have to go look at fabrics for the table covers and drapes that we are getting. So hopefully this will go well." Jo said, crossing her fingers on both hands. "I'm sure it'll be fine. You said you had used them before and that their work was amazing. Positive vibes, Jo." I said as we walked out the front door to her car to head to Savannah Vintage & Event Rentals.

Once we arrived, we flipped through the books, one of standard linens and one of fine linens. "Who knew there could be so many linens to choose from?" I laughed as Jo smiled. "Me, unfortunately, but this is the only part that I don't care for when I plan these galas." After flipping through multiple pages, I found the prettiest red table covers, so I showed them to Jo, who loved the color and said, "That is exactly what I pictured. Look at the table runners. I just saw that it would be perfect with that color."

Once we picked the drapes and the chair sashes and then the table cover for the raffle prizes, we got to actually look at them and it's safe to say we made great choices. They were beautiful. I looked at my watch and realized we'd been here for three hours of fabric shopping. I then saw Jo do the same thing. "Well, it looks like we should be heading home. Are you ready to go?" She asked me as I nodded, grabbing my purse from the table, following her through the maze of fabrics and out the front door of the building to her car.

We arrived back at my dad's and his car was now here, which meant he had finished doing whatever he was doing to his boat today. "Hey, dad!" I announce as I walk through the door, but to my surprise, I see him and Andy sitting at the dining table with beers in hand and there's someone else there too. I just don't know who it is. I can't see them fully yet. "Hi sweetheart, I've got a surprise visitor here for you. I picked him up on the way back from the dock with Andy." I still couldn't see who was sitting in front of them, but whoever it was was very slouched and not giving much away. "Oh, OK, I'll be in just now to see who it is." I yelled from the kitchen as I heard someone come in, but I had my back turned to them. I just assumed it was my dad or Jo. All of a sudden, a hand came flying around my mouth as I was pushed forward with the other hand as the person's face got closer and closer to my face and grazed my ear. "Surprise, baby girl." My heart nearly stopped. He really needs to stop doing this to me. "I hate you right now. You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I scolded him. "I'm really happy to see you though. Wait, I was meant to pick you up in an hour at the office. How come you're finished early?" He grabbed my waist and pulled my head into his neck and just held me. "I did everything I went there to do and I finished early because I got Maria to move things around so I could get things done quicker so that I could get out quicker. Although I didn't think that what I planned for us for date night would have taken so long."

Chris had grabbed the keys to my car from my purse and told me he would see me in the car as he had already said goodbye to everyone. I walked into the dining room and hugged my dad before asking. "Where is he planning on taking me?" Somehow, they all knew what was going on. "Just enjoy where he takes you. You both deserve this time together. You've both been so busy the past couple of weeks with the wedding planning, Chris going back to work and now you're helping Jo out with the charity gala. You both just need to take some 'us' time." Andy told me as he stood up from his chair and hugged me. "Take it while you can, because once the babies start to come, you won't get as much time together." He kissed my cheek and I said my goodbyes to everyone again as I walked out the front door and into the passenger side of my car as we headed off back home.

"Would you mind telling me where we are going for date night?" I asked as Chris weaved in and out of traffic. "Nope!" That's all he said the whole drive home because he was too busy speeding to get us home for some reason. "Fine, at least slow down Chris, there's no rush." I told him before he caused an accident.