Twenty six

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"Our divorce." I say.

"I know that this is difficult for you so-"

"Did Talon talk to you?" She asked.

"Yes."

"That motherfucker, he's always with his mouth shut and when I talk to him he goes around saying my shit?"

"Don't be mad, he was just worried about you."

"Whatever, what were you going to say."

"I talked to some lawyers and I asked for the papers."

"Do you have them?"

"Tomorrow."

"Alright, then tomorrow we will sign them. Os that-" She was interrupted by my phone ring, I answered without thinking twice because it's my ma.

"Hey, mom." I say.

"Niccolo Rodrigo Vitali Wright, why did I hear that you got married?"

"What? You told you that?"

"Is it true? And don't even think about lying to me young man." She said she was yelling so loud that Julianna was laughing.

"Yes, ma. It's true bu-"

"No buts, I'm coming over. NOW." She said and hung up.

"Shit." I said and ran my fingers through my hair.

I love my mom, but she will probably hit me or something. My mom is very traditional, she is also a strong believer in God, and a big part of that is marriage, it's been hard for her to accept my way of life, I'm talking about sleeping around and not having a girl or my own family.

She always said that when my father was almost thirty he was already married Andrea was on his way.

I couldn't argue with her about that, but I chose not to, I mean, she's my
ma I know that she only wants what's best for me and my brother.

One of the things I most admire in her is that even with her believes she was always there for Andrea, she supports him every step of the way.

Not everyone is like that.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts with the rest of the guys barging through my office.

"What's up?" John asks.

"Niccolo is shitting his pants because his mother is on her way here." Julianna says and laughs, but no one else does.

"Shit! Right now?" Andrea asks.

"Yes, like now."

There was a chorus of of 'fuck' and 'shit', they all knew how my mom is. They aren't hers by blood but she cares for them like they are hers.