Nineteen

Married

Married.

I'm married.

To fucking Niccolo.

How did that happen?

Right, tequila.

I ignored their looks and walked to the bed where Andrea was. He was waiting for me to say something, but what do I say to that?

"When are you going home?" I asked and he looked at me like I was stupid.

"Are you really ignoring the elephant in the room?"

"Niccolo, how did that happen?" I asked.

"Sometime yesterday when we blackout. Look let me just take care of this and after we can have the divorce or whatever okay?"

"Okay."

"Just that okay?" Andrea asked.

"What do you want me to do? Trust me I do want to go to him and slap the shit out of him. But I can't because it isn't even his fault. I am to blame as much as he is. And now that you were shot, not once but twice, that is more important than a fucking marriage that I don't give a shit. So yeah, that's it, Andrea. It's just okay."

"Okay." Andrea said.

"So, when are you going home?"

"Now."

"Okay, Niccolo you were talking seriously when you said I would work for you?"

"Yes."

"What time do I need to be there or how is this going to be?"

"You're coming to live with us." He simply said.

"I'm wha- you know what, today I simply don't care, I don't. Just for today, I'm going home, pretending that all of this didn't happen, and don't even try to stop me. I'm completely drained from all of my shit life. Talon do you have someone waiting for you?" I asked.

"No."

"Good, you're coming with me. And before any of you start with ideas I won't fuck him, he's the quiet one and I need quiet right now."

"But if you want, I don't mind." Said Talon smirking.

"Say one more thing I dare you. And by the way, I'm a married woman now, have some respect." I said.

"I'll see you all tomorrow." I kissed Andrea on the forehead and walked away.

I may not be a saint and have occasional one-night stands, and I know this marriage is nothing, I mean I hate Niccolo's guts and he hates me the same way.

This would never work.

I do not believe in God either, so it's not about that. But I do believe in marriage, to me that's- I don't know how to explain it. I just think that a person had a lot of opportunities to leave the relationship before but if you marry, to me that's forever.