chapter 6 -

*RECAP*

y/n is taken out of cryofreeze. After attempting to assassinate Agent Maria Hill, y/n is captured by the Avengers. 

Avengers pov

Clint dropped his bow. The tranquilliser arrow had done its job.

"Who the hell are they?" Tony asked as he walked towards the rest of the team, brows furrowed.

Sam looked up "I don't know, never seen this agent before"

"HYDRA" The team looked over to Nat "When I was In the Red Room, I heard they had a new project they were running. I think it was called '50 stars' but they were mainly just rumours. All I know is that it had something to do with super solider DNA"

"Great, so we'll have another capsicle to question"

Clint snickered

"Yo, Steve. You alright over there? You've been quiet" Sam questioned

"It's just...did you see the way they froze when they looked at me? It was weird"

The room was still until Tony clapped his hands together and let out a sigh.

"Alrighty then, lets de-mask the agent already so I can blow this popsicle stand and get home"

He reached down and with one hard tug, pulled the mask clean off.

His face dropped. Everyone's did. Tony took a step back and they all looked at each other. Who stood before them, was a child. 

"What the fuck is wrong with them" Sam's voice shook "I knew HYDRA were sick but..."

"Nat," Steve spoke "Were you this young?"

"Yeah. Its easier to condition children."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The entire plane ride back, Steve couldn't shake the feeling that he recognised her. It was something about her nose, and maybe her brow bone? He didn't know. His thoughts were a mess.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

When y/n woke up she quickly became aware of the bright light shining above her head, and the feeling of the cold vibranium cuffs around her wrists and ankles.

Although she had an urge to rip open her eyes and scan her surroundings, her training kicked in and she kept her eyes shut and her head hung low. If they thought she was still asleep she might be able to get some more information from them.

Steves pov

"Fury she's a kid"

"Captain, it would do you good to remember where she came from. She might physically be young, but she is an agent of HYDRA. She is a trained assassin and would kill anyone in this room if given the chance."

"Just...let me question her, okay? You can watch the whole thing, I just want to be the one in there with her."

"Only if Agent Romanoff sits in with you"

"Deal"

Steve walked in to the interrogation room, promptly followed by Nat who held the case file.

"Is she... asleep?" 

"No" Nat replied, "But she's pretending to be"

Steve looked at her with a questioning glance 

"It's one of the first things they teach you. Stay still, stay quiet, and collect as much intel as possible"