chapter 5

-Eva and Dean-

We drove for hours. Finally Scarlett called over the car phone and said "hey can we stop I really need to pee."
"Ya theres one a mile up the road" I told her.
We had just passed the border to South Carolina.
I drove and pulled into the parking lot. It was one in the morning and the road was abbandoned. Scarlett pulled in right behind us. She jumped out of the car and ran into the building yelling "gotta pee gotta pee gotta pee."
Dad drove into the parking lot a minute later. He got out and stretched his legs.
Dean and I got out and walked over to him. Three minutes later Scarlett walked out with a smile on her face. "Better" I asked. She nodded still smiling.
"Lets switch cars Scarlett, Ill drive alone and you drive with Eva" Dean suggested.
Scarlett sent me a quesitoning look then nodded and said "ok."
"Drive safe" I yelled.
We got in the car and Scarlett asked "what happened?"
"Nothing, nothing to worry about anyway" I said.
I opened another phone call and announced" We are stopping in Virginia."
Dad and Dean both said" ok" and I hung up.
We drove in silence.
"Ok I cant do this anymore, I get that you are sad about whatever fight you had with Dean but you have got to lighten up. I miss our old road trips we used to have for missions" Scarlett grumbled.
"Sorry Scar I'm just a little upset you know my wedding got ruined today" I whined.
"Wow Ev, why don't I give you a straw and you can go suck the fun out of someone else's day?" she told me with her eyebrows raised.
"I'm sorry, I'm just upset I'll try to be more fun, why don't you turn on the radio" I sugessted.
She cracked a small smile and nodded.
For the next couple hours we jammed out to music and at one point in time, we parked at a stop light and switched seats.
Scarlett made me laugh and smile. She put me in a way better mood.

We finally pulled into Virginia. I called everyone and gave them directions for where to go.
Scarlett was chanting her "gotta pee" again.
"Jeez girl you pee way to much" I laughed at her.

"I know" she screamed at me then laughed.
We finally made it to the house.
Dean and dad pulled up soon after. They got out and followed us up to the door.
"Whose house is this" Scarlett asked.
"An old friend" dad told her.
I knocked on the door and waited.
"Coming" yelled a raspy male voice.

The old man opened the door. "oh no, look who's back in town" he said.
"Peter" I yelled and hugged him.
He chuckled and hugged me back.
"Hows my favorite girl" he asked.
"I'm good, I've missed you sooooo much Peter" I said.
"Missed you too sweet heart, come inside bring everyone with you" he opened the door farther and we filed in.
"Sorry I didn't make it to the wedding. I got the invitation but my doctor said it wasn't safe to travel. The old heart has been doing some weird things lately" he appologized.
"Its perfectly fine, uhh things happened and the wedding umm never actually happened" I admitted to him.
He hugged me "I'm sorry darling, do you mind helping me get the refreshments" Peter asked.
"No I dont mind at all" I told him faking a smile.
We walked into his kitchen and grabbed the pitcher of ice tea.
"Will you get the pitcher of lemonade from the fridge" he asks.
I nod and head towards the fridge. I grab the pitcher and five glasses off of the counter.
Peter follows me back to the living room.
I place the glasses on the coffee table and grab the pitcher of ice tea. I pour myself a glass.
Peter then took the glass from my hand and took a great big gulp of it.
"Thank you" he said.
I glared at him for a minute then laughed. I picked up another glass. "Anyone else want any" I said.
Scarlett laughed and said no. Everyone else shook their heads.
I poured myself another glass.
This time before anyone could steal it, I took a drink.
"So why are y'all here" Peter asked.
"I have a favor to ask you Peter, I need something that you have, or more than a few somethings" I admitted.
"I think I know what you want" Peter said. He stood up and handed me a key.
I smiled and motioned for everyone else to followed me.
"I'll just stay here" Peter yelled.

I walked down to his garage. Dad moved his toolbox and I bent down on my knees.
I put the key in the lock and turned it.
When the small door opened I climbed down the stairs and everyone followed behind. Dad was the only one who knew where I was going.
We came to the weapons room.
"Load up" I said.
I grabbed a tool belt and filled it with all kinds of weapons and ammunition. Then I grabbed a bag and filled it with more.
Soon we all had weapons and walked back up to the garage.

Dad locked the little door, and pushed the tool box back into place.
"Alright Peter thank you" dad said.
"Um I'll meet you all back in the cars. I have one more thing I need" I told them.

"Peter my mother left me a note that she left a necklace with you before her mission, do you have it I really need a little piece of my mom with me" I asked.
"Of course i have it dear, I keep it around my neck" he said and unclasped a star shaped locket from around his neck.
I took it in my hand. I couldnt open it but on the front was a picture of mom, dad, miranda, and I.
I smiled happily and teary eyed.
"Thank you Peter for everything" I said trying to show my gratitude.
He hugged me and we walked to the door. Peter waved goodbye as I climbed in the car and we zoomed off on our way.