chapter 7

-Eva and Dean-
"What are we to do" Dean asked.
"Well Agent Dean we must not alert the citizens, I do not want a mass panic during this time of crisis. I have a ball that I will be throwing, it is tomorrow evening. I have a feeling the Russians will be there and they will be armed. I have called in the National Guard, and the secret service. I dont want to bring in the FBI; however, if you could be there as more protection that would be greatly appreciated" Mr. President responded.
"We will of course defend our nation, we will go undercover at this ball. We will mingle and find out any secrets or future plans that we can" dad said.
"Good idea Agent Thomas" the president praised, "they are keeping me in a bunker for safety until the ball, if you could go out into the house, check on my family and alert me of any news up until the ball it would be very kind."
"Of course sir, we will do our best to serve you and this country" Dean said.
"Very good you may leave" he excused us.
We all filed out and were led to bedrooms.
"This is crazy! Russia is attacking the US and we are not sending the people to safety. They should be preparing for the worst not acting like nothing is happening" I said.
"Eva you are an FBI agent, you know how bad a mass panic would be. I can't argue with the president on this one" dad told me.
"I know and I know I cant either but this is ridiculous. Especially in Wyoming, those are our major weapons that will be a very big spot for an attack" I argued with my father.
"Just because we know that does not mean that Putin knows that" Scarlett said.
"Come on everyone knows that its not that big of a secret" I defended.
"The American government has a lot of secrets" Dean put in.
"Yes and now Putin has them all because of the security breach, he could have hacked into anything and know all of them" my voice was rising now.
"We cant do anything about that, we are just going to have to follow orders and protect our nation starting with tomorrow at the ball" dad directed.
"No actually its starting with making sure the first family is alright" Scarlett corrected.
Dad nodded"good point I will get on that now, Ev you need to calm down, go with Scarlett and get dinner for us then meet back in your room."
I didn't acknowledge him I just walked out towards my car.
Scarlett and Dean followed.
"Hey Scar why dont you go wait in the car I want to talk to Eva for a moment" Dean suggested.
She walked past me silently. I turned dramatically towards Dean.
"What" I said with serious attitude.
" You cant fight with your father like that, we are all stressed here it is not just you" he scolded me.
"Guess what Dean you are not my father and you can not tell me what to do" I yelled at him.
"You are acting like a child Eva get over yourself" he rebuked.
"Im acting like a child! You have been pouting and whining like a little baby since I said we had to leave" I screamed back at him.
"Maybe I didnt want to go, Maybe I wanted to stay and get married like we were supposed to. You said you turned in your badge yet here you are fighting for our nation" he said with his hands in the air.
"You saw my father give it back to me, you know I turned it in to him" I said.
"Did you really though, god you know maybe this was supposed to happen, maybe we just are not supposed to get married" he said much calmer.
"Really, are you kidding me one little bump in the road and your going to run crying to your mommy" I said.
"At least I have a mom to go crying to" he yelled.
I couldnt speak "that was a low blow jerk" I whispered and stormed off.
"Wait I didnt mean it I'm sorry I was just angry" he yelled after me but I didn't stop. I could feel tears about to spill over my eyes.
I turned a corner and slid down the wall until I was sitting. I wrapped my arms around me knees, blinking a million times to try to stop myself from crying.
After what felt like hours I pulled myself back together and stood up.
Maybe he was right maybe I shouldnt marry him, I thought.
I blocked out all emotion I was feeling. I couldnt let him get in the way of my mission.

Scarlett opened the car door for me when I got to the room.
"Hey are you ok?" she asked, there was deep concern in her voice.
"Fine, and no I dont want to talk about it. Just get in so we can go get food" I demanded.
She nodded and ran around the car, opened her door and jumped in.
"We should get pizza, I'm so craving pizza" she said rubbing her stomach.
"Sure" I said.
We got the pizza and returned to the house. I parked the car and helped carry the food up to Scarletts room. I turned to leave but Scarlett stopped me.
"Whats wrong, aren't you going to eat" she asked with her hand on my arm and her eyebrows narrowed.
"No I'm just going to go to bed" I told her brushing her hand off my arm.
When I made it to my room, I jumped in bed and stared at the wall for hours until I finally felt my eyes droop closed.