↳˗ˏˋ eleven ˊˎ˗↴

———— GOJO WAS GETTING ON HER LAST NERVES

"i swear to god, gojo, if you don't shut the fuck up, i'm going to actually stab you in both goddamn eyes," [y/n] hissed.

they had been fully awake for not even ten minutes and gojo had just started blabbering on and on about something super random and unimportant. [y/n] was trying to figure out some good spots for them to go to for curse sightings, as well as look for food so the three still-slightly hungover goons could get some nutrients in their system. gojo was treating this like a damn field trip, as he does. he had finally shut up though, because despite the threat sounding like a joke, he knew better than to test [y/n].

"my stomach feels like it's eating itself," itadori whined.

"oh shush, you big baby. there's a hot pot place over where we need to be, let's go," [y/n] gestured towards where they were going.

she had never seen itadori and nobara run so fast.

itadori made eating seem like an extreme sport, and it looked like nobara was about to challenge him to a contest with the way they were stuffing their faces. megumi, though hungry as well, took a more paced route. nanami couldn't even be bothered to sit at the same table with them. gojo was, well, being himself; eating in his pretty way and flirting with every woman that passed by.

[y/n] felt her eye twitch every time gojo looked at a woman passing by, but she couldn't figure out why that was. she assumed it was because they were here for a reason and he was goofing off, or maybe because she was basically in charge today and that stressed her the fuck out. either way, she was annoyed. she ate silently, leg bouncing as she tried to finish up her food and wait for the others. megumi noticed her anxious state and nudged her shoulder.

"you alright?"

"yeah, i just need to step out for a minute," she muttered, getting up and heading outside. she stood in the alleyway, leaning against the wall, taking a few breaths. this level of anxiety was new for her; she had never felt so unconfident in her life. her gaze was glued to her shoes, a shadow peering over them. "what do you want?"

"you're worried over nothing, you know."

"i don't think i am. today's success relying on me being able to multitask is so stressful, how the hell am i supposed to explain to them what i'm doing while doing it? i don't even know what i'm doing half the time, i just fucking wing it."

"i wasn't lying when i said that you're basically a genius, you know. and i know you know it, too. just have a little more confidence in yourself and your abilities. you don't have to be a natural at teaching to get a lesson across."

"easy for you to say, you white-haired bastard; you're good at everything," [y/n] grumbled.

"are you sure this is the only reason why you're upset?" gojo asked. at [y/n]'s confused face, he slowly stepped forward. "don't think i haven't seen those little irritated looks you keep sneaking in."

"i don't know what you're talking about," [y/n] huffed, feeling herself sinking into the wall as gojo's face moved closer.

"you've got a horrible poker face, sweetheart. if you're madly in love with me, you can just say so, y'know," he teased, causing [y/n] to raise a brow.

"you'd just be so ecstatic, wouldn't you?" she chuckled lowly, pushing herself off the wall, "get your head out of your ass, sweetheart. i don't exist to entertain you." she brushed past him and went back inside, paying for the meal and collecting the rest of them.

no one was sure what to expect. not that anyone could blame them; these things are always so hit and miss. they found themselves at the park, all sitting around on the benches, trying to get caught up on everything. "these curses shouldn't be too much to handle, so you guys are good to stay back and just observe."

"but if you need help, we'll be right there," megumi said.

"no, you stay back and observe. i can handle myself," [y/n] plainly stated.

"so what, if you start getting your ass kicked, we're just supposed to stay on the sidelines and watch? doesn't seem like a good teaching lesson," megumi muttered.

"do you have a fucking problem?"

"oh no," nobara and itadori quietly said, scooting away from the two.

"i don't have a goddamn problem, [y/n]. i just think that in the event that it gets too much for you to handle, we should be able to help."

"i am perfectly capable of fighting multiple curses at once. i don't need anyone's help."

"oh, so if it gets so bad that you have to exert yourself in your domain and then you almost die again, what are we supposed to do? watch? let you disappear again with no trace of where you could be? wonder if you're dead or alive? fuck all that noise," megumi fumed, storming off. nanami raised a brow, glancing over at [y/n].

"okay, guess he's still not over that," [y/n] sighed, looking at the other two. "stay here please. and nanami, please make sure they don't do anything stupid."

"sure," nanami nodded. gojo pulled [y/n] to the side before she went after megumi.

"i think this mission is rehashing some past trauma for him, so maybe try to be a little more gentle with your approach?"

"he's being a bitch, and i'm going to tell him that." at gojo's pointed look, she groaned. "fine, and then i'll be gentle."

"good girl."

"fuck off."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒