**

[Jungwon]

Jungwon doesn't know anything about being an alpha. He and his family has always thought that he'll present as a beta. Both his parents are beta although his older sister presented as an alpha. There was an alpha lineage somewhere in their ancestry and it came out as a recessive trait to his sister. But that's it. Of course, there's still a chance that he's gonna present as an alpha but it's slim. It's like saying that there will be two set of twins in one family. Not entirely impossible but very slim.

Jungwon likes the thought of being a beta. He has never thought of himself to be anything other than that. He was shy as a kid but doesn't let anyone push him around. He can stand his own ground, so to speak. His parents got him into taekwondo so he can learn how to socialize and taekwondo taught him how to reel in his emotions. How to control it and to always act with his mind and not with his heart, although being emotional is not actually discouraged. You'll just have better meditation if you have a good hold over your emotions.

So Jungwon learns how to be calm and act quickly and logically. Being calm is often associated with betas. Although time has changed and second gender stereotypes are no longer followed and based upon on, there are still some truths to it.

All in all, Jungwon was pretty damn sure he's gonna be a beta like Jay and Jake. The middle ground. The in-between. The ones who close the gaps between the alpha Heeseung and the omegas Sunoo and Sunghoon whenever tension and insticts arise during meetings or arguments. But then he presented as an alpha weeks after being announced as the leader of Enhypen.

Jungwon doesn't know anything about being a leader, as well. He was surprised when he found out he's a candidate along with Heeseung at the time because he has never thought of himself that way. When Sunoo and Jay sought him alone and told him that they have thought he's going to fit as a leader, he couldn't believe them. 

Jungwon is one of the youngers and that automatically disqualifies him as a leader. Or so he thought. Wasn't that how the industry works? Of course it's not all the time that the oldest member will be the leader but he isn't sure if there were instances wherein the leader is younger than most of his members. Also, Heeseung has every qualities to lead them. He's also an alpha which seems to be a constant pick for leaders in the industry. Even if Heeseung is not the eldest or an alpha, he'll still be Jungwon's #1 pick. He even thought that their staffs will merely ask their opinions as to who's going to be a leader and then that's it. He doesn't expect to be evaluated along with the others.

So when he was told that he's a strong candidate, he was skeptical. He has always been surrounded by hyungs and noonas and so he automatically gives up any decision-making to them. He trusts in his own skills and capabilities and he always works hard to meet his setbacks and make up for his weaknesses. He just needs to perform with what's expected and given to him, and then perform it perfectly.

But then he's announced as a leader, Heeseung having rejected the offer so he can help in other areas. It's new, being put in a pedestal above the others and be expected to lead a group with majority of his members older than him. 

Jungwon has doubts. A lot of them. He's mature for his age, he knows. But he's also just a kid. On top of everything, he presented as an alpha, too. 

Everything that he has thought to be set has just proven him wrong.

He woke up groggy and irritated a few days before they start shooting for promotions for their debut, but he doesn't think twice about it. Most of them aren't sleeping well with their debut right around the corner. Jungwon, especially. Aside from their strenuous practices (with four intense choreographies), never-ending photoshoots, re-recordings, and variety exercises, he is also attending endless meetings.