Fourteen

POV: TERR

After a bit it was time to go. I was bundled up in one of their hoodies (they spent a good half hour fighting over whose to give before I ended up grabbing Thor's. He's still riding that high), a thick T shirt, some jeans, a beanie, and a black face mask. They gave me a crutch to walk without leaning on someone, per my request. They wanted to carry me, I did not.

Thor was nearby mostly as we headed to the pet shop. I wonder if they have my favorite? I'd like to see them again.

Surprisingly there was a pet shop really close, only about a 5 minute drive. Thank goodness.

Everyone immediately drifted towards the fluffy cats and dogs for peter. I stayed back, carefully looking for my favorite.

They do have them!

Immediately I sat down and watched the solid black baby bunny hop around. A smile quickly under my mask. Going almost still I just watched it, carefully out of the way from other people.

"Would you like to hold her?" Looking up I saw a worker with a set of keys. Immediately i nodded and scooted out of the way. He unlocked the display cage and gently scooper her up. He gave a quick instruction for how to hold her before giving her to me.

Her fur is so soft. Gently cradling her I nearly giggle at how cute she is, carefully running my knuckle between her ears.

"You like rabbits?" Looking up I met eyes with Thor. Looking back down at the baby bunny I nodded. The worker held out his hand and reluctantly I gave her back. My heart breaking as she was put back. The worker left and I immediately went back to watching her.

"I love them." I smile. Thor nodded, a serious look on his face before he left.

After a couple minutes Natasha sat by me.

"Have you owned one before?"

"Yeah. I was 6. Looked just like she does." My throat hurt, tightening up as tears hit my eyes.

"What do you recommend? Cmon. Let's see what they got, give your rating for it." She smiled, carefully helping me up. I looked back at the rabbit before letting her bring me to the rabbit stuff. Some of the cages making me visibly cringe. Small. Plastic. Wire floors!?!

Gross...

Finally I found a decent one, pointing at it and quickly explaining why its the best of the options. Roomy, wood and metal mix, latches, pen included. She seemed to nod, bringing me around each area and listening to me rating each. Tho I didn't see anyone else?

After a couple hours she said it was time to go. I immediately went to look for the rabbit but she was gone, a family with a box catching my attention. Probably her. They seem safe. I'm glad she's adopted.

Tho I still don't see the guys?

"They left to set up everything with peter. We got him a gecko. I dont exactly know which- I'm bad with that stuff. Tony sent a car to pick us up tho, come on." Natasha explained. I nodded and followed after. I have a feeling its a crested gecko, more pete's type.

I wonder what he'll name it?

Natasha helped me into the car and we were driven back to the tower.

We met up with peter in the front, the boy carrying a backpack and looking stressed.

"Miss romanoff can you help me with my homework? Its about other cultures and you-"

"I can help." I hummed, stepping into the elevator as they both looked at me with wide eyes.

"Aren't you american?" Peter squeaked. I smirked and laughed.

"Good gods no! Hun I'm greek-" I giggled, both of their draws dropping. The bell ringing. Tony quickly leading peter away, likely to his new pet. I stepped into the room and saw a new face. Confusion filled my being, natasha heading off after telling me to sit down.

Reluctantly I sat next to the woman.

"Sorry i scared you, I'm peters aunt. You can call me May hun!" The woman chirped, holding her hand out. I glanced at it then her face before reluctantly shaking it.

Natasha came back in and hooked my IV back up, sitting next to me. Pulling my legs to my chest I quite happily rested my head on her shoulder. The TV playing some random show, I dont know nor care what. Down the halls I heard a happy scream, May laughing and heading down it. Guess pete liked the pet.

"Hey close your eyes for a second-" natasha sounded like she had a smirk on her face. I really dont wanna but- maybe its cake? Oooo or another squishmallow!

I did as she asked, feeling her adjust my arms carefully into a palm up together position. Something soft and warm was put in my hands. Something familiar. And alive.

Snapping my eyes open I saw the baby bunny from the store. Tears immediately fell down my face as I gently held the baby, sniffing and hiccuping in just pure happiness.

"A-are you serious???" I squeaked, looking at her and Steve who I guess brought her to me. Steve scratched his neck and seemed upset.

"Y-yeah. She's an apology from me. We got her everything you recommended-" He mumbled. Carefully I stood and side hugged him, sitting on the ground and setting her down. She hopped around but stayed mostly by me. A smile making my face sore.