3

After the meeting, ShangYu turned off the virtual screens. He rubbed his temples tiredly.

JiangYu hadn't come to the meeting today. To be honest, he was not used to it.

Over the years, he has become used to the focused and sincere look of that Omega at the meeting. Whose eyes would always fall on him, and only him. Even as cold as he was, he could still feel the gentle and introverted butterflies in his stomach whenever he caught JiangYu 's stares.

He was a cold-hearted person, and all his enthusiasm and meaning for life had been poured into his work. Maybe because of the superior IQ he was born with, he was always only attracted to those who work hard and pursue perfection---and JiangYu was one of them.

It did make him pay more attention to JiangYu because of this.

Society nowadays has catalyzed the Omega equal rights movement. Now, the scent gland no longer determines the working environment of beings, at most, it affects communication offline and genes. His company was greatly mixed, Alpha, Beta, and Omega, the three genders were almost even. He'd also appeared on the Empire News and was named "the entrepreneurs who pursue human equality and diversity"

Of course, he knew there was another reason for giving him the title---- because of his Alpha partner.

Since that person broke away from his family, his name seemed to have been forgotten. Everyone gave him the title, that person who entangled ShangYu in every possible way.

After all, that person was not even complete an Alpha.

ShangYu would think back unwillingly to that cheerful Alpha that he met at Imperial High and the man who was now cautious in every move after installing that Omega gland.

And with a thought of that person's shivering appearance and his attempt on struggling with a smile, he didn't want to go back to that...home even more.

That person's Alpha gland used to be the scent of mellow red wine, it's a kind of scent that will make him stop and take a deep breath among millions of people. But since that person installed fake omega glands, his scent was all gone, replaced by a cheap smell of fake wine.

After the two of them got knotted, he began to urge the Academy of Sciences to study the operation of removing the glands.

This feeling of being arranged made him especially unhappy, and the surgery to remove the knot was not necessary. It was just that the fake gland had to be removed. He didn't want to go home to someone who didn't look like a human or ghost, who wasn't an Alpha nor Omega.

Speaking of the devil...Secretary Beta said that the Academy of Sciences was calling.

Perhaps because that person did not want to be removed from the glands that bound them together, maybe he was just playing some childish trick on him... He thought lightly, and in a few days, he could consider going back- maybe at that time, that person will have recovered his original scent. Maybe then he will go back and have a look at him.

He looked down at his phone, the Academy of Sciences called him two times during the meeting. Perhaps they were afraid that ShangYu would be angry, so they didn't contact him anymore and went for his secretary. The secretary probably also had helped him convey his reply. As for that person, he didn't even make a call, as if he was wronged.

He tapped his finger twice on the electronic desk, he was thinking about whether to call back to the Academy of Sciences to see what was going on——His friend called at this time.

His friend was also an alpha. They met at Empire High School and were now running their own businesses. They sometimes would go out to have a drink and had a chat or so. But it's mainly just his friend talking, and ShangYu occasionally replies with a nod.

He answered the phone, but before he had time to speak, his friend's voice ran out, "Hey! Wanna go out for dinner tonight?"

695 words