11(extra 2)

The song above is a quite popular song in China that I thought it fit the vibe.

1

ShangYu was once again the cold working machine he used to be.

The only difference was that he went to the Imperial marriage registry and wrote ShiWen as his wife. The move made headlines, the whole empire was surprise, but he didn't seams to care at all.

He buried himself deep in his work, numbing his growing of despair and misery.

Time eventually becomes a pale carrier of meaninglessness.

Twenty years later, he became ill from overwork, and at the end of his days, he still lay on ShiWen's bed, pretending that he could still breathe the scent that had long since dissipated in the air.

This, this big house where ShiWen once called home, was filled with memory, memories that would ShangYu cherish the most

Even when ShiWen's scent had gone, but his soft bed, the warm colored decoration, his collection of those cute furniture from the old market, could hit ShangYu's heart in any moment, making him vulnerable.

That's the only things left of ShiWen.

2

Somehow, he seemed to see ShiWen.

For the first time in decades, ShangYu dreamed about him.

It wasn't the young ShiWen though. He stood pale and unsmiling, gazing silently at him, as attentive, affectionate, cautiously as ever.

He was stunned, feeling a strange mix of bliss, guilt, and fear of lost, he reach out to him.

"...Shi...ShiWen..."

Now his hair is all white and his face has wrinkles. He wondered, would ShiWen even recognize him? He was no longer the vigorous Alpha he used to be...

However, ShiWen did not take his hand.

In the next moment the illusion completely disappear, and he fell into another abyss.

This time, he never woke up.

3

When ShangYu opened his eyes again, everything had changed.

He was standing in a crowd, surrounded by heavy traffic and riot of noise, but where he was standing was quiet, so out of place that it seemed as if he was a black and white photograph left behind in a fast-paced color film.

Where is he.

He sense that...his ill organs has recovered completely

... Where is he?

He tried to pat a man passing by on his shoulder.

His fingers went directly through the man's body

ShangYu, stunned now, tried several more times to make sure he could not touch any people around him.

But what he was standing upon is the actual solid ground.

Is he the entity that exists? ... Or is the rest of the world?

He suddenly remembered of something.

Wait...isn't he supposed to be dead?

If he's a ghost, where is he?

... That person.

Is he here?

Is he...alive?

Did he still get a chance to see him?