4

The location ShangYu's friend chose this time was an upscale membership bar in the Empire. Each week, they featured renowned singers from all across the Empire, not through recordings, but with live concerts complete with interactive experiences. However, the patrons who frequented this place didn't exhibit fanatical devotion towards these singers; instead, they merely sought for it's nostalgic vibe.

ShangYu, being close enough to his friend, knew that he had always been a player. He selected this particular venue and day for a reason, most likely because the singer performing tonight was his type.

As expected, ShangYu's friend appeared impeccably dressed. ShangYu silently mocked this "decent" guy but kept his thoughts to himself as his friend pulled him towards a secluded corner.

"What's up with the poker face?" His friend instantly read ShangYu's mind and playfully pat his shoulder. "Hey! This time it's different. You might actually know him."

ShangYu adjusted his slightly ruffled sleeves and replied nonchalantly, "I'm not interested. I'll just grab a drink, I suppose."

"He used to have a crush on you, you know? He's an omega..." His friend smirked. "Regardless of whether you're interested or not, I want to see how different he is now as a famous singer compared to how he was before. Who knows, maybe he's sexy. I might try to hook up with him as well."

ShangYu understood that there was no such thing as "I just want to see the difference." Even if he happened to pass by and see the poster of today's singer, he wouldn't have any recollection of him. Nevertheless, his friend had found a reason to flirt with the singer.

The two ordered and sat down by the all-marble bar. There were also a few richly dressed people sitting around quietly chatting and tasting wine. Not long after, the singer came on stage on time.

Encouraged by his friend, ShangYu finally lifted his head and glanced at the singer. The performer had meticulously applied eye makeup, but his facial features remained unfamiliar to ShangYu. The compulsory use of scent inhibitors in public spaces eliminated any immediate reaction he might have had.

"Isn't it just Omega that interests you? Why haven't you found someone you like yet?" His friend sighed.

Speaking of his favorite omega, Shang Yu's mind flashed through the affectionate and gentle smiling eyes that always stared at him during meetings, but he didn't show it on his face. He merely lowered his head and took a sip of wine.

His friend chuckled. "Ha! Do you really plan to spend the rest of your life with... that person?"

Finally, a flicker of emotion appeared on ShangYu's face.

His friend stopped at the moment he saw the impatient written on ShangYu's face "Okay, okay, never mind. I wasn't trying to annoy you... Come on, let's have some drinks."

As the singer finished a song on stage, ShangYu emptied his glass. After a moment of silence, finally, he said to his friend, , "I'm going to the bathroom."

He was washing his hands in the bathroom and was about going out, he caught someone standing at the door, seemly waiting for him.

It was the singer.

ShangYu raised his eyebrows, "Is something wrong?"

Blushing, the singer stammered, "...I didn't expect to see you here."

Ah, his friend had mentioned that they both attended Imperial High School.

"Sorry, I don't know you." He wanted to swiftly conclude the conversation and return to the bar—after all, he had dealt with similar encounters far too often over the years.