5

Shang Yu said softly: "...His name is ShiWen."

The name slips and turn between his lips and teeth all this years, but it was so strange to say it out loud.

In all the years they've been together, even he'd hardly ever called that person's name.

Whenever that person called, ShangYu only uttered a single tone impatiently before ending the call. Whenever he returned to that house, It's almost for the same reason---- sex. After all, according to the current imperial law, he can only have sex with his partner after he marked them, otherwise It is illegal----even so, the name of that person is still insignificant to him. Usually, he doesn't even need to talk during his time home after all. After entering the door, he directly pulls the person who has just shown the surprised expression to bed.

After a hearty sex, he will be content to sleep and prepare for the next day's work, but he is often awakened by the smell of his cooking which seems to be homely. At least, he is not disgusted.

That person tried his best to please ShangYu---he found the recipes from the ancient Earth and took several hours longer than the Empire AI to make food just for him. But he felt nothing but to think that the person is making up for the fact that he are forcibly tied up with him. Although the food did satisfy him, he is too lazy to give any compliments. He usually just goes back to work when he is full, not sparing that person a shred of hope.

And now...

Realizing it was all a mistake, Shang Yu couldn't help but feel a twinge of panic in his heart. Had that person tried to defend themselves before? Yes, they had.

The morning after the prom night, he awoke with a profound sense of betrayal and anger, unleashing them all upon the motionless figure lying on the bed.

In response, that person softly murmured, "It's not me."

Shang Yu sneered, refusing to even look at them. "Then who could it be?"

................................

His friend looked at him, surprise etched on his face, he asked, hesitatingly, "Shang Yu, what's wrong?"

Only then did Shang Yu realize how unusual he appeared  tonight.

"It feels like something went... wrong, terribly wrong," he muttered, his thoughts muddled.

Seeing his friend's confusion, Shang Yu abruptly stood up. "I have to go. It's something urgent."

The urge to return to where that person was grew stronger with every passing second. It had been a while since he last set foot in that place.

If it was all just a mistake from the start, then he shouldn't have treated that person so poorly... In fact, no one deserves such treatment, regardless of the circumstances.