Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

TW: s3lf harm, suicid@l thoughts, alcoh0l, depression, 0verd0sing,

Y/n's POV:

"Where are you wanting to go?" I ask Dal.

"Your place sounds good" Dal says.

"Lets go then, Alright see you guys tomorrow" I say, getting up from the couch of the Curtis house.

Ponyboy, Johnny, and Two Bit were the only ones there so we heard the occasionally 'bye'.

We started walking to my place in a comfortable silence. I got to thinking about what kind of drunk I am.

'Do I say dumb shit? Am I angry? Am I sad and throw shit like my dad?' I thought on the way there, anxiety getting the best of me.

We get to my house and I unlock the door. We go inside, Dal closes and locks the door behind us. I go in the kitchen and get a glass but Dal stops me.

"What?" I say as he sets the glass down.

"Why are you always drinking all the time?" Dal asks me. I stopped dead in my tracks.

(A/N note: this is in late November and also, some of these songs came out in the late 2000s but I wanted to add them in here so don't judge:/)

*Backstory/Flashback?*

Almost three years ago.

Y/n's POV:

My SI started coming back in but I just shoved the feeling down. I check the mail every morning from the day before. I had just gotten to school and got to first period before everyone else did.

I had a few minutes to spare, so I decided to open the one letter I received that morning. I pulled the folded letter out of my back pocket and unfolded it. I read the return address and it was from someone I didn't know. Odd I thought. I flip it over and I opened it.

The words out of that letter I would've never dreamed of in a thousand years. I started shaking at the words as follows: "She overdosed on painkillers. I can't believe she's actually gone. She will be missed" I dropped the letter on my desk. At first I thought it was a joke so I started laughing a bit but then the woman said in the letter said she would send me the obituary from the funeral home.

The woman said in the letter that my friend, who lives an hour or two away, had overdosed a few days ago. Me and her had sent letters back and forth for a little bit and we would help lift each other up. We met in a hospital and me and her just had some kind of special connection. We had just gotten close within that week.

But now, I can't tell her that I was gonna see her again once I got my license, that she wasn't worthless, that she was an amazing person, that she was someone that I have been close to, I can't tell her none of those things anymore because she's gone and I can't get her back.

Fuck. I walked out of class not knowing where I was gonna go. An hour later, I was home. I cried for a good three hours and I calmed down enough to get in my car and listen to the radio.

The first song that came on was by REO Speedwagon called "Time for me to fly". I almost broke down but I knew I needed to stay strong. I decided to just walk to town. I walked a good 6 blocks and the drugstore came into view. I walked in and went to get a pack of cigarettes and I grabbed a pack of Kools. I went up to the check out and a guy was wearing Shinedown T shirt that said "its not goodbye, its til next time". Fuck me, I almost started crying but I didn't.

I paid for my pack of cigarettes and walked out the door. I lit up a cigarette and started walking towards the old train tracks. The sun was starting to set and it looks pretty by the train tracks. I got to the tracks and sat inside an old train cart.