V

Heads up, torture is mentioned in this chapter. Along with stalking. And domestic violence. And predatory behavior maybe. And spice question mark? I guess spice but not in a good way? Don't really know if I can place it in that category😅 Either way, I think I've listed everything I could, but content warning all around. Please take caution. I think it's safe to say it gets intense.

Also a long chapter. Probably longer than the last one. Had to wrap this story up so I could move on.

Hope you enjoy :)
(I'm just realizing that's I'm asking you to enjoy stuff like this. Thinking about it, that's kinda odd lol. Anywaysssssss)

-qures5

...

Six Years Ago May, Willow
Part 2

She practically ran home, tightly holding onto the bag of grapes so none of them would fall and make a trail and jumping at the sight of every vehicle that even remotely looked like his car.

She got to her door and found herself fumbling with her keys. She was shaking like crazy. Once she was able to get in, she slammed the door shut, triple checking to see if it locked properly and set the alarm. She went to every window in the house and made sure those were locked too, closing all the blinds and curtains in the process. She went straight to her room and locked that door too. She staggered back and put her hands above her head to breathe a little better, but it didn't help much considering she was on the brink of hyperventilating. She started to pace around.

Did I see that right? Were those really pictures of me? What the actual hell!?

There was a bulletin board full of pictures of her in that room. Was it his room? Had to be, she didn't know anyone else in his family like that. Unless one of his family members was stalking her... She doubts it. Why did he have so many pictures of her?

I mean, I guess he's my friend.

Friends don't collect pictures of each other like that, do they?

He's my best friend?

Nope. It was still crazy to her. He would've definitely told her about something like that if he really wanted her to know about it. And all the books in there. She couldn't make out what all of them were but she recognized the one she was telling him about a couple of days ago. She also saw the one she was currently reading, which was fairly new to her reading list. She had just bought it and didn't tell him yet. Now, she felt herself overthinking. Oh my goddddddd.

Calm down Willow, it's all just a huge coincidence...

She shook that thought off. There's no way any of this is a coincidence. He had literally just confessed to her telling her how he liked- no, loved her this whole time.

She froze in place.

He loved her this whole time. How long has he been connecting things of hers? Why didn't she realize that he liked her? Thinking back on it, from the very beginning, she could see it now. It really had been since the first time they met. She was realizing that now. Her mind kept processing everything that he had said and done in this new lens and it was so much that she wanted to scream.

And she did. Even if it came out low and broken.

Did her mind realize this and just block everything out? She couldn't have, could she? She would never in her life want to lead someone on like that. Especially for a whole four years. She would never intentionally want to do that, but it happened. Her eyes started to fill with tears. Maybe she should've just said yes? At least let him down a bit easier than she did. He was probably torturing himself all this time to hang out with her. That thought alone made her heart hurt.