VII

I know it's been slow, but I promise we're getting close to the good stuff very soon. I hope you guys don't mind.

This chapter is fairly short and I'm hoping the formating if it isn't too weird. Hope you enjoy :)

-qures5

...

Five Years Ago August, Skye

It was after sunset when Skye got back to her dorm room. Like always, her roommates weren't there. Either they were on their way to a party or out getting a lot more than a make-out session. She didn't mind though. They all kept to themselves and respected each other and that's one of the better relationships she's had with her dorm mates.

She went to her room to set all of her stuff down and then went to the kitchen. She had three classes back to back after she ate lunch with Leo. She didn't know why she thought that schedule was a good idea. It was late and those two slices of pizza didn't hold her over at all. She started the electric kettle and grabbed a cup of noodles from the cabinet. She leaned back against the counter with her head down, starting to focus on her deep but calm breaths.

Her thoughts started to drift in the silence. She left her phone in her room. She was sure Leo had texted her while she was in her last class. She would have to check once she went back in there. And then she thought of that girl.

Willow, was it?

Such a beautiful name. It matched her beauty as well. Her smile was so cute too. It was pretty warm today. She hoped Willow wasn't too hot in that adorable sweater. She smiled as she took her ponytail out and let her hair fall in her face.

Before her mind wandered to thoughts of how Willow would've attempted to cool herself off, she heard the water come to a hard boil. She snapped out of it and turned it off, opening the lid to the noodles and pouring the water to the fill line. She grabbed a plastic fork and stuck it through the lid and into the edge of the cup so that it was somewhat trapping the heat. The smell of it already made her mouth water.

She walked to her room and placed the cup on her nightstand. The room was pretty clean. She always had some free time in her hands to tidy it up if it ever got in disarray. She was always up so why not? She grabbed one of her notebooks from her bag along with her phone. She sat on her bed, leaning comfortably against her back pillow, and saw that she had a number of messages. Four from Leo.

5:48 pm 
Hey I know you're in class rn but guess who's home :)

Just so you have receipts cuz I know you would've gotten on my ass lol

6:24 pm 
You know, you were right as much as I hate to admit it lol. Things are going well. I owe you food

7:57 pm 
Nvm I hate it here. Kill me now (:

8:46 pm
damn that bad?😕

8:47 pm
You already know. I'm this close to knocking out a bi-

8:47 pm 
i'm sorry Leo. i really am

maybe you can spend a couple nights here at the dorms if you want

8:47 pm 
As great as that sounds, I think I have a couple ideas. It's time I try to change things around here

You're the best tho. I really appreciate it :)

8:48 pm
of course😊

anything for f̶o̶o̶d̶ you🙃