VI

I think Willow gave me writer's block😂 but I'm back.

Has everyone calmed down from the last chapters? Everyone okay? Even I was stuck on that for a couple of days. 

It's time to expand more on everyone else's stories. This one might be a bit rough structure-wise, but I hope you enjoy :)

Also, Happy Holidays everyone! :D

-qures5

...

Five Years Ago August, Leo

"That girl was nice," Syke said as she opened the door to the building. Leo took the door from behind her and allowed her to go in first instead. "Nice huh? I wouldn't describe that look you gave her with just nice," he said as he walked in behind her. The building they were in had multiple levels and they walked towards the stairs that went down to the dining hall. He sat on the railing, like he always did, and slid down to the next landing with Skye walking not too far behind. "Fine," she admitted, "she was really cute." He had slid down the other railing and was waiting for her to reach the bottom. "Uh-huh. I knew you would like her."

"Yeah? Well, I would hope that I liked all of the people we are potentially inviting. This is supposed to be a study group," she said as she swiped her student ID at the desk so she could gain entry. He took out his debit card and paid for himself to get in after her. "It sure is. Then we're off to a great start already."

Leo decided that forming a study group would help him be on top of his work this semester. He did pretty well last year, but he wanted to do more and better. Not only will he be able to give everyone the support they might need, but he'll also be getting the support that he also needed to succeed. That thought alone encouraged him and he hoped it would be the same for the others.

They walked around a bit, exploring their options. "They don't have anything good today again. I'm starting to get tired of pizza," he said as he made his way to the pizza station. "You do know you don't have to eat here. You have the luxury of getting fresh and homemade meals at home," Skye said as she grabbed a plate. "And potentially miss out on all of the quality time I could spend with you? I would never," he dragged out with an innocent smile and he put two slices of pepperoni on his plate. At that moment, he thought about his mom's cooking. About how good it always smelled and how warm it was when he was finally able to have some. It made his mouth immediately water. He shook it off, looking back down at his plate. He silently scoffed at the fact that he had to settle for this.

I mean, it's not bad. But it's not the best.

"Seriously Leo. There's nothing wrong with going home," she said as they went to sit down. She's right. Honestly, there was a fifty-fifty chance of there being nothing wrong when he got home. But he never wanted to take that chance anymore. They sat down and they both started to eat. "I know there's nothing wrong with it. It's just easier to focus here. Why go home early when I can just go to the library and knock all of my work out in one go?" She gave him a genuine look and sighed. "Just don't overwork yourself, okay? You're doing great," she said. "Yeah? Tell that to my parents," he said, taking a bite out of one of his slices.

They mean well. Of course they did. They're his parents after all and should want what's best for him. He would be fine with that if that wasn't all they were concerned about. They put him under an immense amount of pressure since he got into college, much more than when he was in high school. He's surprised he hasn't caved in yet.

That's why he's grateful for the college environment he was in. It surprised him actually. It was a whole lot more relaxing than his house. His parents told him that it was going to be so cutthroat to the point that he was going to have to work extremely hard to keep his head above all of the assignments. It honestly scared him to start school again.