XV

Hiiiiiii!

Not much of a note this time. It's currently 4:56am and I'm just excited to jump back in (again lol). Hopefully I can keep this up. Love you all and enjoy as always (:

-Q

...

Five Years Ago October, Skye

Skye stood in her room, debating on going through the bag she had gotten with her dad over a week ago. She hasn't touched it since the day they went out together and it made her feel a bit guilty since her dad got it all with good intentions. He was just looking out for her and she could appreciate that. But at the same time, she didn't want him to worry about her anymore.

She believed she could handle herself. Probably not using the best methods, but they've worked for her so far and that's all that matters.

She put the bag back under her bed, not having the will to unpack it just yet. It was late again, around two in the morning and she was wide awake as usual. She tried making some changes to help her sleep, but it didn't really matter what she did. It didn't change the fact that her brain wouldn't let her sleep.

Not anymore.

The memories came rushing back like they always did at night. Chaos started to unfold in her head again. That night will always be a vivid memory for her. Even when she was as young as she was. She would never forget it.

...

She was asleep. She knew she was asleep because she could feel the dream world around her. A world she found so much comfort in.

The control she had was nothing she could imagine having in her awake state. She could have what she wanted, go where she wanted to go, and her family wasn't in the way to stop her. Not that they ever were, but this feeling was a little different.

It was dark in the house. Quiet. She couldn't even hear her own footsteps. Her nightgown brushed against her calves, whispering against them. She didn't know what she wanted to do this time. Usually, her dreams took place during the daytime. But on the rare occasion that it was nighttime, she took it as a sign that something eventful would happen. She looked forward to these dreams.

She made her way to the living room, now bare except for the mantel above the fireplace. She couldn't see what was inside the room since it was submerged in darkness, so she figured should go find the flashlight they had in the kitchen. As she walked away, something started to glow behind her. She turned to see an orb of light sitting on the mantel, it looked like it was pulsing even. That would be her light source instead. She wasn't tall enough to get it down but it floated down to her hands, like it was drawn to her. Her heart started to race as she cupped the light. It was a soft and warm glow and it seemed to sparkle in her eyes.

She used the light to walk around the room, seeing if it really was empty as it seemed. But then, as she got to the edge of the wall, the light spread quickly to form a curtain. A curtain that she recognized, as it was the one that hangs over their windows. And that gave her an idea. She went around the room touching the light to areas of objects she remembered being there. The couch, the rug, the lamps, and the tv stand. She put the whole living room back together and it glistened back at her. She could even hear the soft sparks they gave off.

In that moment, there wasn't anything more beautiful.

She made it her goal to light the house up. She moved to the kitchen and then to the corridor. The light warmed up the house and it was oddly comforting. She was about to make her way to the stairs so she could continue when she saw her dad running down. At first, she thought he was smiling.