Enter The Rhino

[At Oscorp]:

"Okay," Alex was sitting at his receptionist desk one weekend. "I know I'm going to be facing the likes of the Rhino. And with my comic book knowledge, he's going to be quite the handful. Nevertheless, I got some tactics that will bring that juggernaut wannabe to his knees." No phone calls came in for Norman. No one was around to hear Alex/Peter talking to himself about his alter ego stuff. "Okay. What powers does Peter need but doesn't have access to?" His pen tapped on the notebook. "Teleportation." He wrote that down. "Organic webbing, like in the Raimi trilogy." He wrote that down. "Various suits that can assist him with various villains." He wrote that down. "Not quipping as much. That isn't a superpower but he does it WAY too much and most of the time his quips aren't even that funny. Make funnier quips for villains." He wrote that down. "Now...I know eventually Norman is going to become the goblin and frame his son-blah-blah-blah, maybe I can find a way to cure that. One less maniac super-villain the better. Then there's Venom. In the original, he had beef with Peter. In the comics too. Hmm...But that's changed. Meaning that if Ed-boy does become venom, Harry will BE his target. Not peter. [Peter's Cell phone rings] 'Augh. Who is it this time?' [Pauses and picks up his cell phone] Hello? Ed-Boy.

[Eddie Brock on the other line]: Why do you keep calling me that?

Alex: Blame Ed Edd and Eddy.

Eddie: What?

Alex: Nothing. What's up?

Eddie: I was giving you a call because the internship slot is open again. Figured since you're into science and are quite the nerd that you'd be interested Bro.

Alex: 'Crap! I wasn't expecting this!' That sounds wonderful Bro. But I dunno if I should. I mean, isn't Harry due back anytime soon-

Eddie: Don't. Ever. Mention. His. Name.

Alex: Noted.

Eddie: And he's not coming back anytime soon. Which is why I'm asking you bro. Besides, rich-boy Osborn has his daddy to give him anything he wants. You on the other hand? You're a different story. Just like me.

Alex: 'I think Brock's got the whole daddy-son relationship a tad mixed up.' But even if I did take the internship, that would be like tossing a pie in my friend's face. I can't do that. Besides, I'm working at Oscorp. The pay's good. If I did become an intern, I wouldn't get paid. Right?

Eddie: I can talk about that with Dr. Connors. If he doesn't want to pay you, I'll pay you under the table.

Alex: 'Again. I wasn't expecting this.' Is this to get my best friend from never coming back to Connor's lab? If so then this is highly diabolical. Can I at least think about it? Or you can choose someone else.

[Eddie sighs]: I'll give you time to think about it. In the meantime, don't tell Harry about this. Okay?

Alex: Right bro. Anyways, thanks for the call. I'm going to be heading home soon. So I'll talk to you later.

Eddie: Cool. Later Pete.

Alex: Later. [Hangs up] Augh. Don't tell Harry, Eddie says. Why not? Eddie can't tell me why. And besides, it's not like Harry just came in and listened to the entire conversation right? 'I know he is. He's around the corner. Making himself as silent as possible. Thank you spider sense.' Well, I better pack up and get ready for the jail cell that is school.[Packs up his things and leaves. Harry, hiding behind a wall, overheard everything that was talked about on the phone between "Peter" and Eddie]

Harry: 'They don't want me back huh? Fine. I'll just go to school and go work for the bugle. At least with that under my belt I can make dad proud. And I'm also joining the football team too. All the more to make my father proud'