Chapter 2: Counting Raindrops

It had been a few hours before Bluey and the rest of the Heeler family had made their way to America. Just as they were about to cross the boarder, it started raining. Bandit was a little paranoid at first that the car would skid around and eventually crash, but his wife gave him the reassurance that things would be fine.

Bluey and Bingo were in the backseat, watching the raindrops hitting the windows. "Hey, Bingo. How about we play a game?" Bluey said hyping her sister. Bingo was clearly excited and asked Bluey what the game was about. "How about we count ALL the raindrops until the weather passes!" Bluey explained before Bingo agreed and started counting every drop that his the girl's respected car windows. Bingo told her parents that they should play too, but Bandit had to focus on the road, Chilli had the energy to play though, plus she wanted to engage in her daughter's little antics.

Hours passed as the 3 kept counting the raindrops falling from the sky, before one by one, Bluey and Bingo fell asleep, leaving their mother still counting. "Uh, babe? I think the kiddos are sleeping..." Bandit whispered. But his wife wasn't listening as she was too caught up in the raindrop game. "I guess I'll leave you to it." Bandit said before locking eyes with the road again, but as time went by, he started counting too, thus joining in the game. "No wonder the kids enjoy it." He chuckled.

Chilli and Bandit continued counting up until they've reached their first rest stop. "I gotta fill the car up, Chilli. Want me to get you anything?" Bandit said as Chilli paused the game. "Maybe a few snacks will do." Chilli replied. Bandit was about to question this decision before realizing that with two little kids on board, and them not eating in a few hours, things would end up in shambles.

"I'll...get those snacks...." Bandit said closing the door.