Chapter 3: The Snack Shack

When Bluey and Bingo woke up, noticing they were at a pit stop and that their dad was refilling the gas tank, Chilli was given the trademark question of, "Are we there, yet?" Chilli giggled and told the girls that they would be at their destination is a couple of hours.

Bandit came back with a handful of snacks and candy. He put the food in between Bluey and Bingo and climbed back into the driver's seat. "Man...Those snacks weren't just mouthwatering, they were expensive!" He whispered to Chilli. The wife pulled a tense face, hoping Bandit didn't spend the entire budget on snacks. But she was told that There's still plenty of money left and all that was spent was a mere $15. Relieved at the news, Chilli slouched back in her seat while Bandit drove off.

Bandit checked on Bluey and Bingo, surprised that they hadn't touched the food yet, while still noticing how eager they were to chow down on the junk food. "Don't just sit there, girls. Help yourselves!" Bandit said before Bluey and Bingo opened a bag of chips and started eating like they had been starved for days on end. "Hey, hey, hey. Save some for your father and I." Chilli said wagging her finger at Bluey. "Yes, mom." Bluey and bingo said in unison, passing the chip bag to Chilli. "Thanks, hon." Bandit sighed reaching for a chip. "No problem. We've had these kiddos for a long time, I know how they work." Chilli replied with a chuckle.

The drive continued with the family sharing the bag of chips, while also playing traditional road trip games like car bingo and others. When they suddenly saw a sign saying that their destination was 1 hour away. Bluey and Bingo cheered, finishing the potato chip crumbs from the bottom of the bag. Bandit and Chilli crumpled the bag up and placed it in another plastic bag in the passenger's seat. "Good thinking when you said you'd keep the grocery bag." Chilli said. "Thanks. I knew it'd come in handy." Bandit shrugged.

"Dad? What's this place known for?" Bluey asked wagging her tail. Bandit told his daughter that he had been to this place a long time ago when he was around her or Bingo's age. The place was mostly well known for its boardwalk and other fun attractions, such as an antique shop and farmer's market. But he was also hiding something that Bluey and her sister would find out about soon enough.

Strap in, because the best is yet to come...