Chapter 6: Nobody Likes An Angry Bandit

Bluey and Bingo spent the rest of the day participating in all of the various challenges in the show, luckily, their team had won while the other team got dumped with chocolate. After Mary had wrapped things up for today's show, she rewarded Bluey with a DVD of their appearance on the show, which was something that all contestants would get for participating. 

"So where are you guys from?" Mary asked Chilli. "Oh we're from Australia actually! We just came here to spend a few nights and get a taste of America." Chilli responded. The two spent the next couple of minutes chatting while Bluey and Bingo hung out with the other kids. "You know, I had a heeler from Australia on my show once." Mary said putting her mic away. Chilli was curious and heard the collie out. "He was nice kid. A little bit shy." She then handed a DVD to Chilli, it was a show from around maybe the late 70s-early 80s. "You'll probably have your answer through this." She said before Chilli rounded up the kids and left with a polite goodbye. 

Back at the hotel, Bandit was making himself a cup of coffee as his wife and kids came back. "Oh hey there! Where have you girls been?" Bandit said grabbing his mug. "Oh, we just went out for a bit." Chilli explained before Bluey interjected and started talking about their experience at the carnival. Bandit loved hearing his daughter's stories, listening to every detail, important or not. "Seems like you guys had quite the adventure!" He chuckled before Bingo turned on the TV. "We even got a DVD!" She cheered. "A DVD? Of what?" Bandit asked enthusiastically. "A show we were on!" Bingo replied, turning on their DVD of their time on The Silly Show. Bandit watched the DVD, feeling a sweet dose of nostalgia from tuning into other recordings of the show. 

Things were fine, until the second disc was inserted...

The recording was a bit scratchy, likely because of the time this show was recorded. Mary looked visibly younger by this time. She of course opened with the same greeting from the previous disc, welcoming everyone to the show and explaining the rules, but just as she was about to introduce the contestants, Bandit ran to the TV, turned it off, and ejected the disc. Bluey and bingo moaned in unison, wondering who would be on this show. "Sorry, girls. but you can't watch that tape!" Bandit scolded. The girls asked why, before being given the answer of, "Because I said so." Bandit then ran off with the DVD in hand, with Chilli running after him.

"Aw biscuits..." Bluey and Bingo said.