𝟏𝟎 • 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐊𝐀

"Don't let these vicious creatures fool you, you're dead if you let them deceive you." Satotz-san trailed off, finding the right words to add to his explanation.
"Well yeah I'm damn sure of that.." I muttered, looking at Satotz-san, sweat dropping.
The gate started to close as a man rose up the stairs reaching his hand out. "Wait for me please!" he shouted out. "Well. Too late." I mumbled.
"These wetland creatures will use every trick in the book to fool their prey. An ecosystem in which creatures obtain food through deceit.." he continued. "Hence the name Swindlers Swamp. Stay very close to me so you won't be deceived. " he turned his back against the shocked looks of the applicants.
"Keh! What'a joke! How can they fool us when we're expecting it?" asked the arrogant Leorio. I sighed and replied, "Leorio, y'know you'll probably get tricked once you step one foot further into these wetlan-"
"DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU! He's lying to you! He's an imposter! He isn't an examiner. I'm the real examiner." shouted a shadow. He soon then revealed himself from the wall he was hiding behind. "No ones gonna fall for that.." I mumbled. "An imposter?! What's going on?" Leorio said looking frighted. 'Of course.' I thought, smiling irritated. "Look at this!" the man said. He pulled out a monkey looking creature that looked just like Satotz-san. "Wah! He looks just like Satotz-san!" exclaimed Gon. "It's a Man-Faced Ape, one of the creatures that dwell in the Numere Wetlands!" described the man. "He led you out here to attack you! They love human flesh. Don't be fooled!" accused the man.
"Bastard.." smiled Leorio. "He certainly doesn't walk like a human." a bald headed man said. He had a red scarf tied around his collarbone area. He looked like a ninja. I started walking up to the bald headed guy and began to pat his shoulder. "Nice guess, but thats just because he's an examiner. A hunter selected for the hunter exam." I sighed. He looked over to me in surprise. "Huh? Are you defying me?" he asked, only for the sounds of card slicing through the air to interrupt. The cards pierced the man who claimed to be the examiner. I look over to Satotz-san and see him holding the cards. My eyes widen as I turn back to the man who got pierced. I dash as quickly as I can to him and carried him bridal style. I gently place him down, checking for a pulse about to lose all hope for him. All eyes we're on me in doing so. "He's dead." I announced. Everyone looked at me with a shocked face. I stand up and jump back to where everyone was at. I immediately whip my head to face Satotz-san and see him holding 2 cards and 1 in the other. Even my eyes couldn't follow how fast it was.

"Y/n was correct. You're such a smart girl Y/n." a familiar figure stood. "That settles it, you're the real one." Hisoka claimed as his golden amber eyes pierced right through Satotz-san. Leorio and the bald headed ninja guy looked awestruck. I couldn't help but snicker a bit at their faces. The Man-Faced ape was actually alive and ran away when it's plans were revealed. "Examiners are Hunters selected by the committee to perform this duty without pay. Any hunter, bearing the title we seek, would have been able to block or catch that attack. Right Y/n?" Hisoka explained, looking over to me in hopes I'd be proud of him or something. 'Nah because this guy is totally freaking me out. The Hunter Exam is full of weird people. I need to get this over with as soon as possible.' I thought, sighing and falling to the ground. I awkwardly nod my head in response to his explanation and try to go back to Gon and Killua as soon as possible. "I shall take that as a compliment, however if you do try to attack me for whatever reason, I will deem that as an attack to an examiner. You'll be immediately disqualified." threatened Satotz-san. "Mhm." Hisoka hummed in response. The crowd of applicants, including me, hear birds, eagles and vultures. Vultures had arrived to the scene to eat the dead man laying on the floor. One of the vultures flew over to me and landed on my shoulder. "What the-" I shouted, but before I could speak, I saw a tiny bottle tied around it's neck. I snapped the rope off and signalled it to go. Inside the bottle there was a piece of scrap paper and a photo inside it. I opened the bottle and poured the contents into my palm. I read the letter in wide eyes from bewilderment and shock. I twist my head over to the photo which made me even more frightened.
There, the first sentence of the letter wrote,

"Where have you strolled off to, Y/n?"