Chapter 1.1

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"This... is Berk." A voice of a teenage boy can be heard, with a notable sigh latching to his words.

The view is showing heavy mists, shrouding the dark waters as it leads up to a tall mountain in the middle of night.

"It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death."

The camera moves, showing tall stone pillars with Viking helmets behind the mists. There's a small flame flickering inside of them, as if the pillars are lighthouses.

"It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery."

As the mists disperse, a small village is revealed. A herd of sheep can be seen grazing the fields a short distance away. This, is Berk.

"My village. In a word? Sturdy. It has been here for seven generations... but every building is new."

The scenery looks over the many wooden buildings, standing tall and proud with faint lights coming off of them. It was a clear night, the moon shines bright as the million stars sparkle with it.

"We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problem here..."

A sheep can be seen chewing on grass, a laze expression on its face as it was suddenly whisked off sight.

"... are the pests."

The other sheep seemingly unfazed by the instance happening in front of them, boredly toddling and grazing on the grass where their friend once was.

"You see, most places have mice or mosquitos. We have..."

A boy can be seen walking to a wooden door. At the age of 15, he wears a long-sleeve, light green woolen tunic with brown leather lacing at his neck and arms, a dark brown fur vest that matches his boots and dark grayish-green pants with lacing at the ankle.

He opens his front door, only to be greeted by people shouting and yelling, making him frozen in place before gasping as a dragon spots him. Swiftly, he spins around and slams the door shut as it breathes fire at him.

"... Dragons!" He exclaimed, before running away to find a way out.

"Most people would leave. But not us."

Many dragons sweep fire and swoop down, stealing sheeps and causing a wrecked ruckus to the once-peaceful village.

"We're vikings. We have... stubbornness issues."

The boy races out of his burning house, looking back at it before charging ahead with a grin

"My name is Hiccup. Great name, I know. But it's not the worst."

Hiccup runs as fast as he could into the chaotic village, dodging logs, jumping over other Vikings as he tries to make his way to his destination.

"Parents believe a hideous name will scare off gnomes and trolls."

He gasps as he is shoved, before turning around with a yelp as a fireball was blasted near his spot, making him fall down backwards.

"Like, our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that."

"AHHHH!!" A random Viking screams down at Hiccup, his beard literally on fire as he suddenly smiles. "Mornin'!"

Hiccup immediately stands up and continues his run through the village, looking around frantically for any help.