3 - So now you got my heart. Please be gentle with it.

For the signing of the contract Y/N had brought her lawyer again, and Sunwoo brought, in addition to KQs lawyers, the groom himself. Seonghwa hadn't seen Y/N since that day he had been somewhat honest with her in the stairs. Apparently she wanted the truth, so he'd try to remember that. She did seem strong, like he didn't have to protect her from getting hurt by his words, so maybe he'd stick to that, telling the truth. Yeah, it was worth a shot. 

He was the last one to join the meeting, and sitting down on the other side of the table from Y/N made it feel more like they were finalizing a divorce than anything else. He shrugged, only glanced at her for a second before listening to Sunwoos summary of the contract.

«So, we have made a timeline,» Sunwoo soon said and handed it out to everyone around the table. «From when you meet for the first time, first dates and so on. You'll get married in a little less than a month, hopefully without too much attention, but be prepared for it leaking.»

«So, we're not leaking it on purpose?» Y/N asked.

«No, it would be better if Atiny just slowly realized that the girl they've seen around Ateez for a while actually is Seonghwas wife. We will try to also keep the dates secret, but you will actually have to go on a few of those, to make it seem more real.»

«Right.» Y/N glanced at Seonghwa unintentionally, wondering how he felt about it. He did the same thing, slightly blushing as he met her eyes. This was beyond weird. But it's not like it had never been done before, the managers told him it did happen in the industry. He didn't wanna think too much about it, it would drive him crazy not knowing who.

«Question,» Seonghwa said, speaking for the first time during this meeting. «When do we actually 'meet'?»

«You're gonna run into each other tomorrow, at the meet'n'greet downtown Seoul. Y/N won tickets, and she is here to see the concert tomorrow night. So you'll speak shortly at the meet'n'greet and you'll give her a VIP-ticket for the concert, and invite her backstage after.»

«Okay,» Seonghwa nodded.

«Is that believable?» Y/N asked.

«It will be in a month or two when Atiny start seeing you around, and we have pictures of you at that event. And kind of romantic, right?»

«Right,» Y/N smiled, her smile not reaching her eyes. «Very romantic, for the average Atiny.»

«Indeed,» Sunwoo smiled, she hadn't heard Seonghwas confession to Y/N in the stairs, didn't know that Y/N knew. Maybe Sunwoo herself wasn't even aware of the reason Seonghwa had chosen Y/N. It didn't matter, Y/N would be paid very well for her efforts. She was prepared to take some humiliation along with the handsome paycheck. Y/N did not look at Seonghwa.

«So, who knows?» she asked.

That was the big question, and Seonghwa surprised Sunwoo by answering. «The boys all know. I could never lie about something like this to them. You'll be hanging out with them too, so... And the inner group of KQ, meaning the managers. Not other staff, like makeup and so on. Just the managers. And Sunwoo.»

«Obviously everyone is sworn to secrecy,» Sunwoo said, Y/N had to smile at the dramatics. «But it will take a lot of acting on both of you in many areas. Just because you think only Ateez is around, doesn't mean you can drop the act, because suddenly someone now knowing will pop in. You have to constantly be aware.»

Both Seonghwa and Y/N nodded and did not look at each other.

It took more than an hour to go through the contract, and finally, Sunwoo asked Y/N:

«So, are you willing to take this job, Y/N?»

She took a deep breath and nodded. «Yes, I am.»

«Seonghwa, are you ready?» Sunwoo then asked.

He nodded and looked towards Y/N with a small smile on his lips. «I'm ready.»

«Very well then, let's sign these papers.»

Before leaving, Seonghwa awkwardly held out his hand for her to shake. She did, smiled and kind of wanted to laugh, but she didn't, maybe he would be offended. Seonghwa noticed, his cheeks turning pink once again. Damn, already she had this hold on him, making him feel like a shy teenager.

«So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then?»

«Mhm,» she nodded, smiling a type of smile he hadn't seen before. «I'll look forward to it.»

He was going to leave the conference room first, but she beat him to it. Once again. Watching her leave was becoming his new favorite thing.

For some reason he was more nervous than usual before the meet'n'greet. The boys all knew why, but they had agreed on not talking about it. This was supposed to be the first day he was to meet his future wife, it was kind of a big deal. Mostly because he wasn't sure how he felt about her. He obviously didn't know her, but the little interaction they had showed that she was kind of spunky. Maybe even fun. Time would tell. He had thought he was making a sacrifice with this fake wife thing, giving up any opportunity of having a real relationship anytime soon, and yes, that was still the case, but... the 'average Atiny' thing might not turn out as bad as he had thought. I mean, she wasn't drop dead gorgeous or anything, but... If she was fun to be around, then that would be enough. It wasn't like they were actually going to have a relationship, so he didn't have to worry about the intimate part of it. Actually, it was probably a good thing that he picked the most average one, then he wouldn't be having trouble keeping it in his pants. Not that used to have problems with.. But.. No, whatever, stop thinking about that, Seonghwa!

He was at the very end of the group at the meet'n'greet, the last one to meet each of the fans at the event. He didn't see her in the crowd, and for a while there he thought she had changed her mind and not shown up. Then he heard the others speaking english with someone, closer and closer to him. There were not too many non-korean fans at this Seoul event, so it might be her. Right? He kept himself busy talking to the other fans, so not until she actually sat down in the chair in front of him, did he get a good look at her.

«Hi,» he smiled at her, and she actually blushed.

«Hi Seonghwa,» she said, her hands nervously fidgeting with something she kept hidden. «I'm Y/N, nice to meet you.»

«Nice to meet you too,» he said, quite surprised of what an excellent actress she was.

«I brought you this.» She pushed a key chain with a big, red heart under the screen separating them.

«Thank you,» he said, picking it up, smiling.

«So, now you got my heart,» she said, her cheeks pink. «Please be gentle with it.»

Seonghwa looked at her, even more surprised at this girl, his smile getting wider. «I promise I will be.»

«Thank you.»

«Are you going to the concert tonight?»

«Mhm,» she nodded. «I'm looking forward to it.»

«What's your favorite song of ours?» As soon as he said it, he was scared he had put her on the spot. Knowing their music was not part of the job requirements, and he was going to let her off the hook, but she answered quickly.

«Inception, probably. But also Take me Home.»

«Really?»

They kept a normal conversation going until it was time for her to move on and give up her seat to the next fan. Seonghwa got a little flustered, waved a manager over. They whispered and Seonghwa was handed something. He pushed the ticket under the screen towards her.

«Maybe I'll see you tonight?» he said.

She looked at the VIP ticket in her hand, nodded and almost stumbled on her way down from the stage. Her face was flustered as she sat down in her seat again, Seonghwa could tell even from this distance. Cute. She did very well.