four.

[8 years ago]

as soon as i saw yubin walking through the crowdy hall, i immediately hid myself behind the door of my locker and stayed like that for a while, pretending to search for some books that were needed for the following lessons. i slowly put everything into my beg and was about to close the locker.

"hey, are you doing this on purpose?" i heard her saying too close to me. and yes, she was there, waiting for me to finally pay her attention.

"of course not," i lied.

she scanned me from head to toe as she was leaning to my neighbour's locker. "for sure."

i smiled awkwardly and started heading to my class' direction. i knew she will follow me, she never stayed too far from me when i was around. i have to say i liked this habit of hers.

"don't forget there's another show this afternoon and we're going together, as you promised."

i rolled my eyes. why did she need to make up every little thing? i didn't know but i liked this about her too. "i didn't promised anything but yeah, we can go together if my presence is a necessity for you." a smile crossed my face when i heard her quiet giggle.

"by the way, i won't bring my friends with me, they're all losers and i can't take care of each one of them," she added.

"wait, what friends do you exactly mean? you have friends?" i was caught up with her statement. "i thought you always chase me 'cause you need a social contact."

"that's partly true. but i don't lie about my friends, they're all real. here," she pointed to her head and made me stop my way to the end of the hallway.

"seriously?" i looked at her trying not to smile. "are you now being a comedian? because i would never bet that this girl in front of me is secretly hiding an extroverted self inside of her."

"actually, i can be a very extroverted. sometimes. want me to show you?"

she stood now in front of me with her backpack on one of her shoulders, wearing this school uniform with a neat tie. and her big brown orbs were covered with round glasses.

"i don't believe you," i decided to act. "you'll have to prove me first."

"how unusual." she put on a strict look. "if you ever believed me just once, maybe everything would be so much different now."

"i'll believe you once i see you talk to..." my eyes travelled through the hall and stopped on every person that came into my view. "talk to lee siyeon," i ended my sentence. "you have to talk to siyeon and then i can tell you you're an introvert with a hidden extroverted personality."

"isn't it a bit dumb?" she asked. "why would this make me prove you that i am what i am?"

"we'll see."

i didn't even want her to meet lee siyeon since i knew she had a soft spot for yubin, although the younger girl didn't know it yet. i was just convinced of yubin's shyness so i assumed she'll refuse.

"if that will make you believe then it's okay with me."

we had always done these kind of jokes but nobody had ever taken it this seriously like yubin just now.

she was an adorable person, her soul was filled with kindness that she was giving the world but being competitive and yubin were just so different they couldn't stand each other.

"lee siyeon," she called the taller girl when she left me standing in the middle of the hall.

"what?" siyeon's conversation with her classmates was interrupted by a familiar voice. "ah, that's you?" it seemed she was surprised. i met her eyes for a second before she fully gave her attention to yubin.

"yes," yubin chuckled. "i was wondering if you need help with the preparation for today's show. or maybe if you want me to be there during the rehearsal."

"help? rehearsal?" she thought about it while she faced the waiting girl. "why not, you can come but..." she looked at me again. "don't bring your friend."

yubin hesitated for a second. "well, i- i'm sorry, that won't work. i- i mean yes, i offered you my help but i also meant my friend's help."

"i see. do you even know why i don't want you to bring her?"

"i have no idea."

"really? because i bet you remember what happened two years ago and how people around you two reacted. so if i were you, i'd rather come alone or not at all."

yubin nodded and said her goodbye before she returned to me with a winning smile. "i told her i'll help them to prepare the show. but i have bad news for you, i have to go alone."

"i don't even want to go." i on the other hand wasn't happy at all. the way siyeon knew that yubin would take me with her and the way she looked at me wasn't a good gesture.

"i hope you believe me now," said yubin and stood by my side. "because that was brave enough of me, wasn't it?"

"as if," i whispered and started walking again.

"are you angry?" she questioned. "why would you be angry? ah, is this lee siyeon's fault?"

"no, it isn't."

"then it's my fault?"

"no, i just don't feel well right now," i lied and reached for the door knob of the classroom.

"you're really unbelievable. don't be mad," yubin pouted when she opened the door for me before i could open it myself. "look, if it's a problem then i won't go."

she showed her aegyo again. she knew i couldn't resist her cuteness. "yah, lee yubin, stop being like this. i promise i will believe everything you say from now on and you won't talk to this siyeon girl again. deal?"

"hmmm, i have to think about it first," she joked and wrapped her arms around my shoulders just to give me a hug.