thirteen.

"tell me the truth, what did you do there?"

i was trying to avoid eye contact the whole afternoon. i was blushing so hard whenever i thought about what happened and i couldn't stop it.

"as i said, i went to the school library for a moment," i repeated for the tenth time. "why don't you believe me? i tell you everything, remember?"

"okay, but i still don't believe you," said yubin. her calm face was now covered with a storm. after all, she still looked cute even if she was angry.

she had no idea how much i wanted to tell her what happened between me and minji and it hurt me to lie to her. but we decided to keep it as a secret, a secret very precious for us. we weren't prepared to tell everyone after those four months. not yet.

"go ahead," i told yubin and headed to the grocery store. "i'll be home right away."

"oh," yubin stopped walking and said something i didn't expect at all. "well, siyeon invited me to her apartment to meet some of her friends so if that's okay with you, i'll go now."

"am i invited too?"

but the answer i was hoping for didn't come. "i don't think so. unfortunately, she didn't mention you."

"oh-" i was taken aback and something inside me awoke a weird feeling. "you should go then. see you in the evening?"

"yes, see ya."

i was watching her leaving. why did it feel like my whole world was falling apart? it was the first time she walked away from me like this. and it's the first time we didn't spend the afternoon together. plus, i had fear siyeon could do anything and i wouldn't be able to save her. or i was just a bit overdramatic.

with a deep sigh i went to the store when a thought crossed my mind. "why not," i whispered to myself. "she must be home by now."

so i dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"hi, are you free now?" i asked as soon as my favourite voice rang out from the other side.

"yes, i am." a loud chuckle was heard from the phone. "do you want to come over?"

"only if you're okay with that."

i could forget about what yubin told me before. i felt free again, only kim minji came to my mind over and over again.

i left the grocery store with two monster energy drinks in my hands. one blue for me and one pink for minji.

a wave of excitement attacked me when i stopped on her doorstep. it was actually the first time to be all alone, without fearing that someone could listen to us. i wondered if she was nervous just as i was when i knocked on the door and listened to light steps in the apartment.

and there she was, barefoot with tshirt and pants on, scanning me from head to toe until she let me in with a soft expression.

"here, this is for you," i gave her one of the monsters and watched her face lighting up. we had started drinking these kind of drinks not too long ago but not that often though, it was only for special occasions and long school mornings.

"thank you," she opened the can and took a sip. "i missed this."

i did the same. then minji took my hand and let me sit beside her on the sofa in the living room. i had visited minji's apartment few times before with siyeon, yoohyeon and yubin but this was the first time i was shy in minji's presence. i didn't want to mess things up and it felt like i had all the responsibility what would happen the next two or three hours.

"don't be nervous." was she a mind reader? "look, i'm here, no one else. there's nothing to worry about, okay?"

"yes, sorry, i'm sometimes acting weird. just like now. i know everything's alright, but at the same time, i'm scared."

we sat in a comfortable silence while drinking our energy drinks. and then a very important question started occupying my mind. it made me so worried and i couldn't stop thinking about it. so i asked minji in the end.

"hey, can i ask you something?" i cleared my throat to let the nervousness fade away a bit. "what- what are we now?"

minji didn't say anything. at least not at first. she drank the rest of the drink and looked me straight in the eyes. her eyes kinda reminded me of yubin's. they were holding so much passion and sparks that a person could fall in love with their colour so easily.

"we are bonnie and clyde," she replied. "we're partners in crime."

"and how did we make it to crime?" the weight of the world wasn't that heavy anymore.

"think about it. how many sins have we made until now? smoking cigarettes - destroying our health, kissing each other - isn't it disgusting to the society and him? lying to our friends - even this is a sin. sleeping with each other even though we're not in a relationship..."

"do you care about it?"

"i don't care if we're sins or anything. i'm just glad that we went our ways and we met each other."

it was one of those times my heart felt nothing but pure happiness. "i'm glad too."

i laid the rest of the monster on the table and held her tight. i could hear that both our hearts were beating loud against our chests.

"so shall we continue what we started before?"

"what?" i laughed. she was clearly the brave one between us two. "i swear i won't come here next time if you keep saying these kind of things."

"sorry, you're cute when you're shy."

i hid my face in the crook of her neck, breathing in her soft scent and brushing my nose against her skin. she shivered a bit.

"i take this as a yes."

i chuckled as her hand was making her way under my tshirt.