twelve.

[5 years ago]

it was a lunch time. we were sitting at one of the tables in school canteen while enjoying our lunch. it was only table for four but we didn't need more since siyeon and minji joined their own group of friends. i was sitting beside yoohyeon with yubin in front of me.

i hated being surrounded with so many people at once. the jam that was forming at the window with number one, the group of kids occupying the piano in the corner of the room, the death glares of the teachers who were one by one disappearing in their own separate room.

we ate our lunch quietly. i had to wait for the girls because they were eating slower. so my eyes travelled to the table not so far from us where siyeon was sitting. she was laughing and pointing to the girl on the other side. it was such a different atmosphere.

on the other hand, minji next to siyeon's side was eating peacefully, from time to time was asked a question she had to answer but mostly she focused only on her food. i watched her with adoration. she was really one of the prettiest girls i had ever seen.

"we're finished," said yoohyeon. "shall we go?"

we stood up and made our way to the third window where we placed our empty plates. when we were close to siyeon's table, i received a smile from minji on which i answered with a slight wave.

"so the same place?" yoohyeon asked. it was too obvious, we always stayed behind school during breaks.

we sat on the ground, facing the trees in the school garden. their leaves were whistling in the soft breeze and the birds were singing to the sound of driving cars.

i lit up my cigarette and nervously waited for the other girls to come.

"maybe i should go to the shop," wondered yubin. "i still didn't have any sweets today."

"is there a day you don't eat chocolate?" i asked with a chuckle. "maybe you should eat fruits instead of chocolate."

"and you should eat a lollipop instead of smoking," yubin argued. "see, we both have something to give up."

she ran her fingers through her hair and looked at yoohyeon. "instead of her. i swear she's the most innocent human being."

"oh, do you think so?" it was seen that yoohyeon was satisfied with yubin's comment. "can i hang out with you guys more?"

"sure, only if you stay quiet just like you've been until now." siyeon spotted us on our usual place. "maybe then i could take you to my friends' very secret party this evening."

"someone is having a party?" yoohyeon's face suddenly lighted up when she heard the word "party".

"yes but not for you, you already talk too much," joked siyeon.

"where is minji?" i asked. "is she still on the lunch?"

"not really, she went to the store with her friends, i think she'll be back in a minute."

"really? well, i'll go to the bathroom and you guys wait for me here or else i'll give you for adoption."

yoohyeon rolled her eyes and whispered into yubin's ear: "isn't she the youngest one here though?"

i gave her a serious glare before giving siyeon my cigarette. "i think you'll need this. as i know, you're usually stressed before exams. people, start smoking [a/n: that was a joke, don't do that, really] and carry on."

i left the place and entered the school building. the hall was empty because everyone was eating their lunch or walking somewhere in the town. i didn't blame them, it was always better to leave when you had a chance.

as soon as i walked in the toilets room, a well known figure came into my view. oh right, long black hair, black jacket and black boots, just like mine. who else would that be?

"so drinking energy drinks with your friends isn't that much fun, huh?" i asked when i was close enough. "shame, i was thinking about joining you."

she slowly turned around with mascara in her hands. i stood beside her, looking in the mirror as her eyes left me and made eye contact with mine through the reflection. the smiles appeared on our faces again.

"don't do that, you already look beautiful," i said. i witnessed the brightest smile afterwards. it warmed my heart.

"i just wanted to look attractive for you," she explained.

"oh, if it's for me, then it's alright. but for the record, you don't need any mascara or make up to make me like you, okay?"

"i already know that."

i took my eyes of the reflection and faced minji who let the mascara fall to the floor and held my hands.

"you had a cigarette without me, didn't you?" now i was a suspect.

"yes, i did. i guess i should've waited for you."

"you should've." in another second, a pair of soft lips were pressed on mine. "but this could make its job too."

i didn't think about anything else, i just wanted to feel those lips again. minji must've known what i was feeling at the moment so she connected our lips once again. we moved in sync, not caring that anyone could walk in the room and see us making out. but that was the best part, wasn't it? being in your own world with a person you like. and minji made butterflies awake in my stomach. she was the only one who had ever made me feel like that.

"come here," she let the words fly in the air and like in a dream i followed her steps with this sentence surrounding me.

we locked the door behind us, the small cabin only for the two of us. i was nervous even though we had done that before. but the hands around my shoulders and wet kisses on my neck escaped me from this world.

it all started with sharing a cigarette and look at us now, having sex on the school toilets.