5) JRM, Part - 5

March 4 2020,
Time - 1:45pm,

Bennett woke up in the interrogation room with his hands cuffed to the table.

"So you finally decided to wake up, Bennett." James said sitting down in front of him. "Now time to spill the beans."

"He's not the Alto is what I can say." Agent R.E.D said fidgeting with his coin.

He was on the other side of the one way window. His coat and cap were on the table. Beside him was officer Kara.

"How can you tell?" She asked.

"Guess." R.E.D said tossing his coin and catching it. "Which is usually right."

James stopped interrogation and came into the room. His hand was red as if he was punching someone.

R.E.D looked at Bennett to find him beaten and lying on the table.

"Sir please refrain yourself when interrogating. The higher ups will only overlook your doings to an extent. Anymore and we'll be off the case." Kara said as James sat down.

"Sorry about that. Anyway the only thing we have from this is that he was the one who killed Justin. We only know that because of the evidence." He said caressing his hand. "No idea who is the Bestial Alto or anything. We don't even have a confession."

"If you want I can try." R.E.D said.

"Be our guest." James said.

"Are you sure about this Mr. Red." Kara asked.

"Absolutely. I just to ask you guys 3 questions." R.E.D said folding his arms.

There was a little commotion outside the interrogation room and it quickly quieted down.

After a few minutes Agent R.E.D entered the interrogation room and sat down in front of Bennett without saying anything. He was holding black plastic bag in his hand. Bennett didn't say anything.

'5 minutes is all I have. Looks I'll have to run through the options real quick.' he thought looking at the clock.

<
(*From this point on what ever is happening is inside R.E.D's mind.)

3 options,
Violent interrogation
Appeal to his humanity and
Manipulate,

Let's run a simulation on option 1,

•Red stood up and walked to Bennett's side and asked him "I know you did it."

•Bennett said nothing.

•"Now tell me who is the one behind you?"

•Bennett did nothing.

•Red grabbed him by the collar and said loudly, "WHO IS IT THAT ORDERED YOU?"

•Bennett started smiling and provokes Red into beating him up until the alarm goes off.

•Thought process clouding up. Returning to the start.

Great. He ends up provoking me into doing exactly what he wants. Getting violent through this route is not an option.

4 minutes left.

Let's try option 2,

•Red tries to sympathize with Bennett.

•Bennett starts provoking Red and tricks him into using up all the time he has.

•Returning to the start.

Stupid. He's been in an interrogation room far too many times to have seen a violent interrogator like James or a sympathetic interrogator. This approach will barely do anything in my favour.