11) The Search Part 5

The man was Surrounded. From all sides. Alto's plan had fallen apart. He fell to his knees.

"Now. Your turn. Tell me all that you know about The Bestial Alto." Jack said crouching in front of him.

Either way he was going to die.

"I will rather die than sell her out."

Just then a shot echoed through the air. Jack knocked Bass to the side to save him and turned. He immediately put his mask on and tried to spot the culprit. Finally it dawned on him and he turned to the man in front of him.

"I'm sorry for this. But desperate measures for desperate situations."

He grabbed the man by the hair and slammed his jaw on the ground.

"Let him go, Agent RED."

Jack felt the barrel of the gun on the back of his head.

"Here you can have him." He said getting up.

There was a man in a tuxedo with a mask with a tenor Clef on it. He was holding a pistol pointed at him. Bass got up and walked over to him.

"You win this time Agent RED. Next time it won't be so easy. Alto sents her regards."

The man left leaving Jack standing there. The group of hundred people surrounding them was not a problem for the Alto. All that mattered to her was the game between her and him.

Jack later thanked and apologized to the crowd for their trouble. Back in their room in the inn, Jack took his coat off.

"You won the game. According to the guy." Roxy said.

"That's what he said. But no. This game never had a win condition. It only had a bad scenario and a worse scenario." Jack said fidgeting with his coin.

"What do you mean?"

"The Alto had see through me. She knew that I would one way or another get the one I'm tracking in a place where I'd be able to trap them. There is no way someone would be plant someone here where my Intel is unmatched."

"So she managed to get someone who lives here to get close."

"Bass. And one more, the sniper. The tenor guy was the only one who didn't seem like someone who fit in."

"The people here know who you are. How?"

"The incident from 5 years ago had my identity exposed. And so people found out. So they helped keep it under wraps. But now the second edge of the double edged sword is rearing it's head." Jack paced around the room.

He sat down on the bed beside Roxy and let out a sigh.

"She got me again."

April 2nd 2020
Time - 10:47pm