3) JRM, Part-3

March 4 2020,
Time - 10:30am.

"Roger should be sleeping right now, so I will have to just find the inspector to talk to." Jack muttered to himself looking over the crime scene from a roof.

The crime scene was swarming with cops when Jack reached there. From what Jack could understand, the case was of higher priority than the one it was reported with. He dropped off the building and landed infront of a police officer.

"Agent R.E.D, S.I.A commander. I am the investigator assigned." He said.

"Good morning sir." The officer greeted. "You will find inspector James Rogue over there by the body."

The officer pointed towards the left where an inspector was standing. He was a fighter's build who was respected despite being dressed irregularly. He was wearing a shirt whose sleeves were folded and he was wearing jeans rather than the uniform trousers the other officers were wearing. The only piece of identification was the Id tag at hooked at his pocket. Jack walked over to him.

"When it seems bad, it's usually worse." He said to the inspector known as James.

"And you will know all about that, Agent R.E.D ." James said. "Inspector James Rogue, the inspector assigned."

"I know. Your Id tag." Agent R.E.D said pointing at the tag. "Anyway, what are the case details?"

James opened a file and started reading it in a bored tone, "Name - Justin Ross, Age - 30, works at BIT insurance, seems to be stabbed-"

"28 times." Agent R.E.D interrupted kneeling near the body.

"I'm sorry?" James said.

"He was stabbed 28 times." Agent R.E.D said fidgeting with a coin. "He was strangled, then stabbed 28 times and then his eye was removed and put the eye along with a note in a box."

"And left a knife." James said taking a packet with a bloody knife and giving it to Agent R.E.D to examine.

Agent R.E.D took a look at it and said, "It's a kitchen knife. More specifically, it's the kitchen knife from Justin's home."

"How can you tell?" James asked.

"The fingerprints on the knife are only Justin's." Agent R.E.D replied. "So the culprit was wearing gloves. And it looks like Justin was chopping onions with it before he was stabbed with it. So that would mean he was killed in his home and he was moved here."

"It would make sense because there is no blood trace here to indicate that this was an on spot murder." James said.

"Can I take a look at the box?" Agent R.E.D asked standing up.

"Sure. The note is still there. We haven't touched it." James said giving the box to him.

Agent R.E.D opened the box to find Justin's hazel eye rolling around and under it was a note. He took out the note and opened it.
It read :

"
Greetings Inspector and Investigator,

I will not waste your time with formalities, but I will say this, Catch me if you can. I will give you a hint, I see everything. I might be there when you read this or not. But I know every thing that is happening. We will meet soon.

With regards,
The Bestial Alto,🎵
"

"What does Bestial Alto mean?" James asked.

"Bestial means savagely cruel and an Alto is the highest male singer or the lowest female singer." Agent R.E.D replied blankly. "So I guess we should head over to his home."

"Why?" James asked.

"It's better to be through with the case, if I'm actually going to be taking this seriously."