6) JRM, final

March 9th 2020,
Time - 7:30pm,

"Welcome home Jack." Roxy greeted him. "How was your day today?"

"It was usual. Busy during the afternoon and practically empty during the evening." Jack said sitting down. "I'm really hungry right now."

"You hang tight and I'll get the dinner ready." Roxy said kissing Jack.

"Will do." Jack said as Roxy went into the kitchen.

He scrolled through his phone and found an email on his Sia account.

"From : James Rogue,
To : R.E.D

Hey, I need you to check the news and come find me immediately after you see this."

Jack placed the phone down and turned on the tv and switched to the news channel.

"Breaking news, Bennett Dilon, the man who was found guilty of murder just 5 days ago, was found dead in his cell. The police say that the cause of death was poisoning but refuse to elaborate further."

"Well I knew she will not sit still once she I know a lot about her." Jack said standing up.

He put his uniform on and made his way to the station as fast as possible.

James was waiting for him in the back of the building.

"Thanks for showing up on such short notice." He said.

"Well I had to come once I knew what happened. So anything you wanted to tell me?"

"Well we said that the method was poisoning but we found no evidence of the food that he ate being poisoned."

"Do you know what he was served?"

"The food he was served was highly unusual, bread with grapefruit jam and a bitter lemon soft drink."

"That explains it."

"What?"

"Furanocoumarin in grapefruit reacts with quinine and causes the blood pressure to sharply drop. He would have felt a bit of dizziness and then..."

R.E.D made a gesture with his hand as if he was cutting his throat.

"There was letter addressed to you that we found shortly after." James said pulling out an envelope.

R.E.D opened the envelope and read the letter in it.

"To Agent R.E.D. of the SIA

you arE pretty InterestinG. Hope wE cAn mEEt up soon. Just try to keep up, okay Commander?

~the bestial alto.

p.s. and congratulations on solving the case."

"This is a weird letter." James said.

"You are saying that because of the random uppercase letters here and there."

"You mean that you understand what's here?"

"Of course, I know what this is. An invitation.  To play her game."

(That's the end of this first case named the Justin Ross murder (JRM). It also introduces you to Jack/agent R.E.D and the way he works. While it takes a while to come up with mysteries, I wanted to write a mystery/thriller story for a very long time and I'm glab I was able to complete the first case.

Going forward we'll have more mysteries and hopefully you'll like it.

Until then have a nice day,
~Daizsb.
)