10) The Search Part 4

"Hello there. You seemed to have had a nice nap."

The man woke up to see Jack sitting infront of him.

"Where are we?" He asked.

"A house in Old corner." Jack said. "Now you. Who's your leader?"

"The Alto. She is the one who set up this thing."

"She just knew my identity?"

Jack paused.

"No wait she doesn't, does she? She just said that someone will come here tracking the number and you ran for it the moment we got close."

The man didn't react.

"Good poker face. So let me guess." Jack said getting up.

He walked around the room, fidgeting the coin in his fingers.

"You were placed here as bait to try and lure me. But the moment you saw me approaching, you got cold feet and decided to run."

"You are as they say Mr. Rufus. But my reason for running wasn't in fear. It was to see your capabilities." The man said.

"Interesting. So what do they call you?"

"I'm the Bass." He said as the cuffs holding him to the chair came loose.

The Bass got up and starred at Jack.

"The low male voice. You certainly fit that description." Jack said.

"Whatever the case, this is your loss, Jack Rufus."

"That is IF you get out of here."

The bass smiled.

"What possibility is there where you can defeat me?"

"This one."

Jack immediately grabbed the Bass's hand and ran it into the table. A loud Crack filled the room followed by the Bass's groan of severe agony. Jack quickly moved and hit the bass in the jaw with his elbow.

"You see I walked into this building fully expecting a trap."

The bass walked backwards as Jack cracked his knuckles.

"Since The Alto managed to rope me into her game, I've made sure to keep myself on my toes." He said.

"The entirety of the old corner knows your identity."

"Actually they've already known my identity for the past 5 years now. And everyone here is my Ally."

"So wait. You planned this?"

"The past one month was spent tracking that number as you moved from place to place."

"That was to-"

"Keep me occupied? The thing about that. I actually waited for you to get to the old corner."

"The entire time... When you acted like-"

"I was defeated?" Jack said. "It's true. I was defeated. But they were necessary. And in the end I was able to finally able to have you in a place where you won't be able to set any traps."

"That means..."

"That's right." Jack opened the doors behind him which caused the wooden walls to fall.

They were in the middle of the old corner. Surrounded by at least a hundred people.

"Welcome To My Trap. Bass."

April 2nd 2020
Time - 7:29pm.