9) The Search Part 3

For the past few weeks, ever since Bennett's body was found in his cell and Jack found the message, he managed to figure out the number long ago. And so he set out to look for the number.

Not long before he found himself almost about to set off a trap. On March 19th 2020

"She got me." He said backtracking.

"What do you mean?" Roger asked.

"If I proceeded any further I'll be in unknown territory." He said. "Nice one, Alto."

This happened again on March 21st 2020. This time he was trapped but not to the point where he was compromised.

"If I had been any quicker, I'd have been sandwiched between the police and the mafia."

The Alto had baited him to cause a shootout between the police and the underground mafia. Jack let out a sigh in frustration.

"She got me again."

The next was on 23rd March 2020.

"This is not the plan." He said surrounded by children. "Any further and I'll set off something that with endanger them."

The next on 25th March 2020.

"No. It's another trap." He said walking back out.

27th March 2020

"I can't afford to go in there." He said turning away.

29th March 2020

"You have to be kidding me." He said clenching his fist. "There's just too much to lose."

31st March 2020

"I can't do this." Jack turned back.

And finally April 2nd 2020. He had finally caught the root. The man who had him on a goose chase all over the city.

Jack got up and walked around the room.

"I'm missing something, aren't I."

Time - 3:40pm