Chapter 7: A New Day, Another Search

Gabumon watched as Yamato cursed and grumbled about Ken’s parents. Actually it should be more like Ken’s father and his Digimon friend. Ken’s mother was killed by the unknown Digimon, for unknown reasons. There were claw marks on her body that suggested it. He remembered when they got to the mansion, Yamato held Ken’s grandmother as she cried for her daughters death. Ken’s mother might have done and said some means things to Ken but she was still Miss Mockingbird’s daughter.

Gabumon jumped when his partner kicked a rock towards a near by tree with enough force that the rock created a dent in the tree. Gabumon was very worried about his partner’s wellbeing. A week has gone by without a hint of the Duo of Kindness whereabouts. It has been a stressful week. Yamato had run, yelled and cursed out at everything and everyone who came without a single clue. Daisuke and Taichi kept him from murdering Miyoko and Mimi when they started to believe that they would never find him or when they wanted to give up or when they stated to complain.

Gabumon sighed at the turn of events. None of the other Chosen Children wanted to be within five feet of Yamato’s presences, not that he blames them. Yamato was becoming very angry and agitated everyday he went with Ken. The only people that actually stayed near Yamato were Taichi, Daisuke, and Takeru.

Takeru seemed to understand his brother’s behavior and was able to keep him calm and sane for a while. Taichi understood what Yamato was going through. He said that he would act the same way if it were Hikari and Gatomon in Ken and Wormmon’s place. Daisuke was just as angry, if not more, as Yamato was. Daisuke was said to be more in tune with his Jogress partner and was able to feel Ken’s emotions. Lately, all Daisuke would feel was fear and pain from the Child of Kindness. This of course just angered Yamato. It was especially worse when Daisuke saw Ken crying in his dreams. It was well known among the four Chosen and partner Digimon that Daisuke could communicate with Ken in his dreams; Taichi and Yamato could do the same too.

Daisuke had been trying to use bond with his best friend communicate with Ken. However, all Ken ever told him that he was in some kind of cell underground and that Wormmon is still unconscious. Yamato was happy that they were able to communicate with his boyfriend. But his happiness didn’t seem to last when Daisuke mentioned that Ken was being beaten and raped. Ken didn’t directly say it to him, he didn’t need to. Daisuke was somehow seeing what was happening to Ken through his eyes, in one of his dream.

Yamato was enraged when he heard this. It had taken months for him and Ken to reach the amount of closeness and intimacy that they had. Gabumon wondered if the stuff he was going through would scatter that closeness.

“Gabumon? Are you okay?” Gabumon looked up to see Agumon next to him. Gabumon didn’t bother lying to his friend. Agumon would know right away if he were lying.

“I’m worry about Yamato.” Agumon nodded in understanding.

“Tai’s been doing his best to calm him down, but even he is near his breaking point. He likes Ken too and doesn’t like how he’s being treated. He pretty much ready to stay in the Digital World and tear the place apart until he finds where bad human is hiding out.” Gabumon frowned. Yamato mentioned the same thing earlier.

“I can’t imagine what Wormmon is feeling right now.” Veemon said from his other side. Gabumon groaned. He had completely forgotten about the Insect Digimon. Wormmon must be feeling terrible for not being about to protect his partner. “He must be blaming himself how it’s his fault for not protecting him.”