Chapter 6: Protection and Pain

The room was dark when Wormmon woke up. He wasn’t sure how long he has been out since his battle with the enemy. Actually, it wasn’t much of a fight since he was in an armor champion form, while the digimon was a mega. There was a huge disadvantage. He was surprised he was able to fight off her attacks for that long. She was ruthless and powerful. If it wasn’t for the fact that Ken was there with him, he might never had the strength to push the three intruder back for so long.

The evil digimon kept attacking him and the only thing he was able to do was defend himself and his frightened friend. Ken was so scared and so venerable that his father almost took him from right under Wormmon’s nose. Feeling the threat for his human’s life Wormmon received an energy boot from Ken’s crest. Wormmon remembered being Pucchiemon one minute and the next he was in his ultimate form, JewelBeemon.

Wormmon tried to move his body but winced in pain. The battle was a tough one. Wormmon ignored the fact that he destroyed part of the house when he digivolved; Ken was in danger. At that point he was able to protect Ken better, especially since they were in the sky. Despite being a level lower then the other digimon, he still put up a pretty good fight. If only Ex-Veemon was there. Imperialdramon could have been a big advantage in his battle against the other digimon.

Wormmon slowly opened his eyes. He was in a lot of pain but he needed to know what happen to his friend when the mega level digmon attacked them in the sky, knocking them out. Wormmon looked around fro his friend. There was very little light from the candles that was placed in the hall out side his cell. Wormmon smiled in relief when he spotted a human figure a few feet away from him. Ken was here with him. He was safe, well as safe as he’ll ever be.

Wormmon crawled to him. His smile disappeared and his antennas went up in alarm when he saw Ken’s condition. Even in the dimly lit room, Wormmon could still see the damage on his child’s body. Ken’s shirt was torn into pieces and his torso was wrapped in bandages, which was starting to turn red from blood. Wormmon’s eyes widen. Ken was badly injured and looked slightly thinner than usual.

Wormmon’s eyes began to well up in tears. How long has he been out cold? Who could have been so mean, to beat and starve his friend like this? Who could of done this? And why? Wormmon buried his face in Ken’s side and began to weep. He wasn’t sure how long he’s been cry. It felt like years to him. The pain was just too great.

The sound of footsteps interrupted his self-pity. Danger, his mind screamed at him. Someone was coming to hurt his child. Wormmon wiped away his tears and turned around, ready to attack anyone who comes near his friend. Wormmon watched as a familiar figure stopped in front of their cell.

“Well, well, well, looks who finally awake? I was wondering when you would wake up, bug.” Ken’s father mocked.

Wormmon narrowed his eyes at the human. Wormmon never liked Ken’s father. He always felt bad. He personally knew how much the man disliked his son and wondered how his human ever got away with hurting his friend for all those years.

“What have you done to him?” Wormmon growled angrily at the human. The adult male laughed at him as if he was a useless bug.

“How cute,” he cooed. “The bug wants to protect the fag! It’s a shame you weren’t awake when I beat his pathetic body and raped him until he passed out.”

“You what?” Wormmon yelled back at the human. How dare he? How dare he hurt his Ken-chan?

“He cried for you, you know? He cried for you, that blond, and Daisuke.” Wormmon felt his heart break. Ken was calling for his help and he wasn’t even awake for it. “He begged for mercy as I penetrated him. Imagine my surprise when he told me that his boyfriend never did it. You think that that blond would have ravaged him by now.” The human laughed sinisterly. He didn’t seem to care that Ken was suffering from PTSD and nightmares for all those months. Wormmon attacked the horrible human in anger. Ken’s father, unfortunately, dodged the attack and smirk at him look as if he was an annoying child.

“Nice try bug. I wont fall for that twice.” The human dropped a tray that Wormmon didn’t notice he had, turned around and walked away, laughing at his expense.

Wormmon sighed miserably. He crawled towards the tray and notice that there were a few sandwiches and four bottles of water. They were feeding them? Why? Wormmon sighed again as he picked up the tray of food and water and crawled back to his partner. He silently ate his food. He would have to wait for Ken to wake up before he can give him his.