Chapter 3: A Romanic Picnic for Kindness

Surprise? Ken hated surprises. Ken sighed inwardly. No, that's not true. It's not that Ken hated surprises. It was mostly due to the fact of not knowing. Ever since he stop being the Kaiser and after his father's unexpected attack, Ken feared the unknown. That unknown always led to darkness and that's what scared him.

That darkness was always around him. It was around him when he was evil. It was around him when he was broken and lost last year. His father had broken him just like his Kaiser side had. Ken always found himself looking around his shoulder because of this.

He was afraid. There was no denying that. The darkness always made him feel like he was drowning in a sea of loneliness and pain. That type of darkness always reminded him of the Dark Ocean.

Ken involuntary shudder at the thought of that awful ocean. The Dark Ocean is a dark and scary place. It is filled with strange and scary shadow creatures that look like digimon. That place is filled with so much evil that digimon like Daemon and Dragomon now occupies that place.

Ken felt himself tense up when he felt something warm travel against his back and land on his waist. Ken shudder at the gesture. Ken then realized that he was being pulled closer towards someone. Yama?

"Relax Ken! It's just me." Yamato reassured him.

Easy for you to say! You're not the one blindfolded and in the total dark, he thought bitterly. The darkness made Ken feel uneasy and being blindfolded didn't help with his uneasiness.

"Relax, Ken. I promise the surprise is not bad. In fact you'll like it." Yamato said cheerfully, maybe a little too cheerfully. Ken was suspicious now. If it wasn't for the fact that he was blindfolded, Ken would have smacked Yamato or maybe have him chased by a wild Tyrannomon. Yes. The Tyrannomon chase sounded more satisfying but he would never do that in reality. Ken decided to sound annoyed instead, as if he was ready to murder the older blond.

"Really? Do tell!" Ken replied back with sarcasm and anger in his voice. Hoping this would hide his uneasiness from Yamato. Yamato tighten his grip on Ken waist and pulls him closer.

"Really Ken! I mean it! You're going to love my surprise for you. I've being working on this surprise for three weeks now. Today is going to be a special day that you will remember forever!"

If it wasn't for the fact that Ken had blindfold on, Yamato would have seen Ken's amethyst eyes go wide in surprise. Three weeks? What have you been doing Yama? It must be something big if he put that much time into it. I wonder what it is? Ken wondered to himself momentarily forgetting he was supposed to be annoyed with his boyfriend.

Ken remained quiet the rest of the way. He was processing what Yamato had said. He couldn't figure out what his Yama was up to. It both frustrated him and exhilarated him. Ken didn't like that Yamato was keeping him in the dark. However, he couldn't help but feel happy. Yamato put so much time and effort into this surprise for him. Yamato was trying to make Ken happy and Ken felt grateful. He couldn't stay mad at Yamato knowing that he put so much time into this.

Ken dropped the matter and shifted his attention to something else. Ken listened to his surroundings to get at least some insight of where he was. Ken listened to Yamato's heavy breathing. Yamato was busy maneuvering him around, since he was, unfortunately, blindfolded. Ken tried to push that wonderful, distracting sound of Yamato's breathing aside. He needed to listen to something else. Anything else.

A light breeze playfully tossed his hair back and forth. The feel of the wind felt nice against his sensitive skin. It felt cool to the touch and very soothing to one who is feeling uneasy.

That's it the wind! Ken thought joyfully. He must listen to the wind. The wind will give him the answer he seeks.

Ken listened to the playful wind as they continued walking. Ken could hear the wind rustle the branches and leaves. He could feel and hear something snapping under his feet as they walked. He could, even, hear the buzzing wings of some insect digimon flying among the trees...