Chapter 35: Don't You Dare

I couldn't stop reading our texts. I just sat down and couldn't get up again. Jess hated me. The boys hated me. I didn't know how it had all fallen apart.
My phone buzzed in my hand, interrupted my thoughts. I didn't want to check who it was. I just wanted to go through our texts over and over again. I wanted to relive the good mornings, good nights, I love you's and I miss you's. I wanted to smile at the funny moments and feel the familiar tug on my heart at our favorite moments. I didn't care about anything or anyone I just wanted to think about her.
My phone buzzed again. I decided to check it. It might be one of the boys, I thought. But when I saw the name... I froze. It took me a few seconds to actually.
"Hello..." I said into the phone.
"Where are you?"
I looked around to remind myself where I was. "I'm at home."
There was a long silent pause. "Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes."
And just like that, the line went dead. I was nervous, excited, frustrated, and scared. I didn't know what to expect.
****
I parked in front. I didn't think I needed much time to do this. Why WAS I doing this? I didn't know. All I knew was that I needed to do it. I climbed out of my truck and stood in front of the building. I regretted the decision right away. I wanted to turn back but it was too late. I had to do this. My first few steps were slow. Extremely slow. But once I reached the door I found myself moving faster. Like I just wanted to get it over with.
Everything was quiet. The hotel was bare. There was no one to be seen. Just me. I got into the elevator and after pressing the button I let everything sink in. The moment I met the boys, when I started to love them, the first time Harry and I kissed... The first time we slept together, the night he broke my heart and the day I broke his by leaving. It was an old chapter of my life and now I was creating a new one by seeing him again. By seeing the boys again and feeling for them the way I used to. By feeling for Harry the way I used to. Now, like a rerun, we were at the part where we were breaking each others hearts again. It was like a sad movie or a poorly written fanfiction. I was already inside the hallway. I walked my way to his door. I didn't know whether or not I should knock or just walk in.
I opened the door and saw him standing with his hands in his pockets and a glazed over look in his eyes.
And just like that... I forgot why I even came.

__________________
"Poorly written fanfiction" see what I did there? Lol
Mostly a filler! I got my inspiration back so no more writers block! Yay! Sorry it's been so long! Too long! Love you!