1.3. Servant of Evil

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯:

⠀

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟

───────── ⋅ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ⋅ ─────────

He wouldn’t mind
being a servant of evil
if it meant
he’d have an excuse to
see her everyday.

───────── ⋅ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ⋅ ─────────

Since the moment Tooru saw [First Name] for the first time, he knew he had to have her. He just knew. She had to be his. Screw that woman Hatsume Mio. He’d leave her if it’d get him a date with [First Name]. No. Not even a date. He’d do it simply if she wanted it. She could walk up to him and say “Break up with your girlfriend, I’m bored” then walk away again afterwards and he’d do it just because she wanted it. He didn’t have to get anything out of it. Just the thought of being the one she’d come to for entertainment would be enough for him.

But, until that happens, he’d carry on keeping his relationship status simply as an excuse to ward — or shave, more accurately — fans off. It wasn’t even Hatsume Mio he needed. It was the relationship. He just needed to be in one. Anyone could do. It could’ve been literally anyone else but her, so why did he pick her out of all people? The woman was about as useful as a white crayon. What was he even thinking to be dating a commoner like her?

Sure, the relationship was fun at first. But, as time passed by, she was becoming more and more controlling that the headache the relationship gave him was becoming much greater than and no longer worth the fun either. After all, the likes of her couldn’t have possibly understood what and how it would be like to have people looking up to them. Oh, what it’d take for them to understand that it wasn’t like he could just tell them to stop looking up to him, he’d never know.

But, even if he did, it wasn’t like he’d do it either. He’d go to Shiratorizawa before he’d waste any time and energy on things he didn’t need and he didn’t need peasants like Hatsume Mio. He needed someone who’d be able to understand him. He needed someone with just as many, if not more, people looking up to them as there were to him. He needed someone who, even if they turned out unable to understand him either, would be worth the headache.

He needed someone like [Full Name].

He’d heard a lot about her brother and her from the other students. How could he not? They were all they could talk about all day to the point where he even had one of his fangirls unnecessarily pledge her loyalty to him by declaring that she still liked him better. He didn’t think much of it at first, though. He thought it was normal for student transfers from the city to create quite a bit of a commotion, especially if they were as good-looking as described. But, after seeing them for the first time, he finally understood what the fuss was all about.