Part 5

"You paged, grey?" Dr. Bailey asked as she entered Meredith's patient room and found her former intern in bed, looking totally worn out and exhausted.

"Yes. I solved the delivery-problem. The supplies will be here in about six hours." Meredith replied with a proud grin which somehow was just half-hearted since she had a slight headache from being awake so long.

"Wha- how?" Bailey asked confused, pulling a chair to the bed, and sitting down.

"I found out that the supplies are stuck near San Francisco, about half an hour from where Maggie landed an hour ago for her transplant surgery. She flew with one of the funding's private jets and I organized that the trucks with the supplies change their route to the airport she arrived at instead of the national airport in San Francisco and they already started loading the jet. Maggie will finish her surgery in about four hours and she will then fly back to Seattle International airport where three huge trucks from the funding are already waiting to bring the stuff here to Grey-Sloan." She said, slightly out of breath but still smiling at her chief who had doubted her ability of helping from her patient room.

Bailey's mouth hang wide open and she stared at Meredith in disbelief. "That's amazing, thank you" she said after a few seconds. "You're welcome" Meredith said before placing the tablet on her nightstand, stifling a yawn.

"Thank you Grey that really is a great help." She added quietly before standing up and smiling at her chief of general surgery who was sleepy smiling back before she walked over to the door, switched off the light and disappeared into the dark hallway and Meredith quickly fell asleep.

_______________

The next thing Meredith knew was that she was freezing. She had no idea what time it was since someone had closed the blinds and the windows were covered. She curled up in a ball, pulling the blanket up to her chin. But it was no use. She was shivering violently and she was covered in cold sweat. What she needed was a hot shower, but how was she supposed to get into the bathroom and back without collapsing onto the even colder floor.

And then suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her head which didn't go away and only got worse over the next five minutes. She wished she was at home.

Sha laid there for which felt like hours but were probably just a few minutes, or half an hour? She had absolutely no idea how much time had passed but the headache just didn't pass. Out of no where her stomach turned and she started gagging, throwing up all over herself. She carefully sat up, her whole body still shaking as she tried to reach the nurse-call-button although she was more than embarrassed about her situation. Before she had reached the button she started throwing up again so she stood up and swaingly made her way into the bathroom, falling onto her knees in front of the toilet before she threw up some more. How was there even so much to throw up she hadn't eaten a lot the past days.

After about twenty minutes her stomach had finally calmed down again but her headache was still getting worse by any second. She carefully sat up straight again and leaned back against the cold wall which send a shiver through her spine.

She was dizzy and the opposite wall and the sink seemed as if they were moving and she couldn't really see their outlines. Everything was blurry and dimly and not a second later everything went black.

___________

She woke up on the cold floor of the hospital bathroom wondering what had happened. She was very aware of the fact that she was still covered in vomit and her head felt like someone was banging with a hammer on it every single second.

She groaned before pushing herself up in a sitting position again. Wasn't nurse Debbie supposed to check on her every three hours? Why had no one found her yet and why had no one helped her yet... She hated asking for help but feeling like she did now, she would absolutely love nothing more than to swallow a damn pill against her damn headache and change into some comfortable and clean clothes.