Part 13

Today he would start working again. He had been at home to take care of Meredith for three weeks now but she was getting better and could already do a lot more than the day she had been discharged. He was worried. What if something would happen while he would be at the hospital?

He turned around to see her still fast asleep, facing away from him. She was wearing a long sleeve shirt and a jacket and there were two blankets laying on top of her and yet she was still shivering. Ever since she had been released from the hospital she had gotten cold extremely fast so that she would need multiple layers and blankets to keep her warm. Seeing her still shivering he sneaked his arms around her waist, pulling her into his chest to keep her warm.

"You have to go to work" she mumbled into the pillow, making him sigh. "I hoped you wouldn't remember." He gave back making her giggle. "I'll be fine." She replied. "Even without your personal heater?" he asked, a huge smile on his face. "Good point." She said, cuddling further into him.

"Will you really be fine?" he asked concerned, not letting go off her. "Yes Andrew I can take care of myself." She said, turning around now, looking at him. "Okay." He breathed, kissing her softly. "I'm just worried, what if something happens?"

"What should happen I've been fine the past few days. I'll just lay in bed the whole day, watch tv, maybe eat something-"

"Definitely eat something Mer." He warned and she nodded.

"Fine I'll definitely eat something." She said, rolling her eyes, but smiling at him.

"I promise you I'll be okay. Go!" she said, chuckling pushing him out of bed. "Okay, okay, going." He said, standing up and getting out of his pyjama. When he put off his shirt he saw Meredith smirking at him as she observed his muscular body. "Like what you're seeing?" he asked amused making her blush. She looked so cute with her flushed cheeks, biting her lip.

"Maybe- you should stay another ten minutes." She suggested, suddenly very awake. "Mer." He said warningly, sitting down on the bed where she immediately came towards him, pressing her lips against his. "We can't Mer." He reminded her, trying to catch his breath in between kisses.

"Yes, we can!" she gave back determined, pushing him over as she started to kiss his jawline and then his chest.

And then things led to things and he stopped trying to stop her. Soon they were kissing passionately, he rolled her onto her back and was now on top of her, undressing her.

_______

Ten minutes later they laid next to each other, Meredith had troubles catching her breath but she was smiling brightly. "That- w-was am-mazing." She wheezed, making him look at her concerned. "You okay?" he asked, feeling for her pulse. "I'm perfectly fine." She said, still smiling, cuddling into his side. "Your pulse is way to high" he said, worriedly. "It was t-totally worth it." She said and he sighed. "It was. I really missed this." He gave back, making sure she was warm by pulling the blankets further around her.

"Me too. But- you have to go now." She said, smirking at him. "You're kicking me out?" he asked amused. "I am" she whispered, smiling up at him as he was now starting to get dressed. "Bossy." He replied, bending down to kiss her again.

"And you're sure you'll be okay?" he asked, just receiving a frustrated sigh from Meredith. "Okay, you'll be fine." He said. "My shift ends at 6pm and if something happens you can text or page me, okay?"

"Okay." She said softly, laying back down and pulling the blanket up to her chin since she now seemed to feel the aftereffects of their little session. She felt how her chest started to burn and breathing got a little harder. "Bye then." Andrew said, kissing her again before disappearing through the door, luckily not noticing how her condition just changed dramatically. She tried to stay calm while slowly crawling out of bed and getting the inhaler from the shelf, plugging it in and filling the medicine into the small tube, flipping it on and placing it on her face before laying down again, taking deep breaths. The cold, fresh steam of air combined with the medicine felt unbelievable good as it flooded her burning chest.